Monstrous Matcha

Sokka's POV

This is gonna be a big night. Poorly arranged last minute but still important. I'm nervous, should I be nervous? I'm not usually this sweaty when I'm about to go to a party. I'm sure I'll be fine, it must be my body's way of telling me to wear more deodorant. I agree with it.

"Hey where did you put the costumes? I swear I left them on the counter yesterday?", Toph was running her hands across the kitchen counter where she left the bag of things we got yesterday. Most of those things were definitely not essential and a total waste of money but we aren't gonna think about that.

"Oh I put it away, here", I walked in to the kitchen to retrace my steps and opened a cupboard to find the bag neatly placed inside, I'm surprised I remembered I did this. I usually do something and then immediately forget about it and refuse to believe I did it. "Ta da", I beamed and held it out for her to take.

"Wow you actually tidied? You cleaned up? Are you sure you're Sokka?", Toph raised a brow with a smirk as she mocked me. She then left the kitchen and took out our costumes, laying them out on the couch. "You sure this is a good idea? After y'know, what happened yesterday?", She lost her smile, looking embarrassed after bringing up something we haven't mentioned since.

"Uh yeah, I still like the idea, we'll get a couple of looks and whispers but it'll still be fun", I shrugged and walked to her side, looking over the costumes, trying my best to persuade Toph as well as myself that this isn't a terrible idea. With these costumes we will have the best outfits at the tea shop party. Later tonight, everyone will be amazed.

"Okay, well we better get ready, Katara! Can you do my make up please?", Toph wandered to Katara's door with her costume in hand and knocked loudly, thumping it over and over again until Katara opened it. 

"Your makeup? Why what are- Oh I see", Katara questioned before realising what she's going as and laughed lightly. "Yeah no problem, sit down on the couch after you change and I'll see what I can do", she gave Toph a small smile before going back into her room and shutting the door behind her. She must've had a rough day yesterday, she's not really happy and smiley. She looks exhausted. I'll have to talk to her later.

I watched Toph excitedly go into her room then focused on my own outfit, not really knowing how it goes on but figuring it out as I go along, after tugging at a few pieces of fabric and struggling to walk around in the super tight shoes I checked my look in the mirror. Oh god maybe this was a bad idea. But I know she'll love it. It is for her after all.

"Wow Sokka that is really something", Katara couldn't help but laugh as she knelt down at the table in front of the couch, sorting through her make up to find which ones would be best for Toph. I didn't notice her leave her room, I guess I am really caught up about this evening, it's just a dumb party Sokka. Pull yourself together! "C'mon then I'll do you first", she patted the couch, suggesting I take a seat.

"Me? no I don't need makeup", I raised a brow at her, noticing her raise her brow back at me. Realising I'm not gonna win this battle of the eyebrows I sighed in defeat, "alright but I don't need that much. I don't want to look totally ridiculous", I groaned and sat down.

"If you want to look the part then you are going to have to suck it up. Also you always look ridiculous so why stop now?", she picked up some weird looking stick thing. I have no idea how people know the difference, all the products look the same to me, well they aren't products, they're more like torture devices. I can't look too bad right? I want to show her I'm serious, this isn't just a big joke.

After a few minutes of Katara pinching, brushing and abusing my face she let me go. 

"Voilà", Katara clapped her hands together in celebration and grinned. "There, now you look amazing", She stood up and began to clean up the mess from me struggling to stay still when she tried to use the eyeliner. It looked like she was gonna poke my eye out what else was I supposed to do!? "I should be a makeup bender, dang", she got everything prepared for Toph, expecting her to be just as difficult as me.