Back To The City

Toph's POV

Waking up was a weird experience, this was my first proper slumber party, it was a lot of fun but some pretty hard stuff must've gone down in The Oasis for everyone to wake up so uncomfortably, it was mainly silent in the room as we helped Yue's servants put the mattresses back, it's the least we could do for her letting us crash here for a couple hours.

"How do you guys feel like getting something to eat at the tea shop? We could talk things through there", Zuko asked whilst walking out of the house.

"Food sounds great right now", I nodded as I followed him out, the others agreed, including the three fire girls who also came out with us, I didn't even notice them come in last night, I wonder what they've got to do with what happened, Suki filled me in with what happened to Aang and also told me to shut up about it, but she didn't mention them.

Yue got some cars sent for us so we could get a lift back into the city, she told the drivers where to take us and stepped back from them, she needs some time to cool off by the looks of things, she waved as we were driven away.

The trip back into the city was super long, the traffic was terrible, but we finally ended up at Iroh's tea shop, and I am hungrier then I ever have been before.

"I shall take the lot please General", I beamed and leant back into the cushioned booth, I can't wait to devour a feast and a half.

"A buffet? That would make more sense, I'll get bits of everything for you all", he sounded excited, he must not usually have so much to do, he rushed to the kitchen to prepare everything.

I wanted the buffet to myself but eh I could share a little I suppose.

It was a little tense at the tables, we were split between two booths, I was in between Sokka and Suki, opposite us was Katara and Aang. Behind us were the three girls along with Zuko.

Nobody said anything back to Iroh, I wish I was in that stupid Oasis. I'll pry any information I can out of Sokka later, everything seems a little too raw to bring it up randomly, even though they're obviously all thinking about it. I'm trying so hard to hold myself back.

"I'm just gonna move seats, I need to have a word with Azula", Katara turned to Aang, showing him that she wants him to get off his stupid butt and let her out, he didn't move a muscle.

"Why? I thought there was a whole issue with her? She's got a weird godcomplex and hates you", he didn't want Katara to leave the booth, maybe because he just wants to sit with her, or he's jealous for some reason, or just because he doesn't want to see her get hurt. Or all the above of course.

"Uh yeah, got some business of mine, that you don't need to stick that nose of yours in", Katara laughed awkwardly before placing her index finger on his nose and pushing him back off the booth so she could get out. "I can handle Azula if she decides to play games with me today", she chuckled as she helped Aang up, then left to go to the other booth.

"Did I miss something when I passed out?", Aang rubbed the back of his neck as he sat back down, he's just a confused as I am.

"Nope, not at all", Sokka gritted his teeth to cover his dumb attempt of lying, it's lucky for him that Aang's the most oblivious guy on the planet.

"Huh okay cool", Aang's body language went straight back to being calm and content, does he never second guess things?

I stomped on Sokka's foot to get his attention, he winced but didn't make a noise so it didn't alert Aang, "we'll talk later", he kept his teeth gritted tightly as he whispered.

"We better", I whispered back and crossed my arms, I need to know every detail of what went down because this is a weird atmosphere in this tea shop.

Katara's POV