Today

Azula's POV

This day is the worst day in the year, and every year that passes it gets worse and worse, Zuko becomes more unbearable, and I feel myself breaking bit by bit.

"I thought this would be the year that you wouldn't show up", Zuko looked me up and down before I took a seat in front of him.

"I was tempted, just like every year", I wanted to comment on his attitude but I don't want to argue with him today, I know it's odd because I love making him mad, but he doesn't deserve it today. "How're you feeling?", I looked over at him, his eyes fixed on the table.

"Lost", he sighed, "since when did you care about how I felt anyway?", he lifted his head and looked at me but he immediately looked away.

"Shut up and let me care about you for a day, I'm not a monster..", as I spoke I felt my words trail off and my chest tighten, we sat in silence for a couple seconds just thinking.

Until the coffee came over, I looked into my cup to see he ordered what I wanted, we barely go out at all together, I'm surprised he remembers this.

I looked over at him seeing him drinking his own deep in thought, he was the perfect child, and he's still perfect.

"She loved you", I spoke, almost blurting out my thoughts, he turned to face me, his eyes widened. "She didn't love anything more then you", I took a deep breath and smiled lightly, my lips quivering.

"Azula..", Zuko leaned in closer to the table with concerned look on his face, he wanted me to keep talking but he didn't want me to cry.

"I'm sorry I did this, I'm sorry she left", I shook my head laughing slightly to stop myself from bawling my eyes out, "don't ever think she left you because she didn't love you, she would've done anything to take you with her I know it", I continued.

"Please, c'mon we were kids, you couldn't have-", he was going to speak but I couldn't let him argue with me, I couldn't let him argue with the truth.

"Zuko she only wanted to leave me, I was everything she hated and I hope she's happy with the thought of leaving her monster of a daughter, who as a mother she is supposed to love no matter what but no she gave up, she could've save me but instead she let me drown in hatred even further by abandoning me", I huffed blinking furiously.

Zuko sat shocked at everything I was saying, wanting to cut me off and argue but he can't, I won't let him deny anything.

"But I know she regrets leaving you every day, she probably cries herself to sleep just thinking about the fact that she left her precious boy behind, those tears are yours Zuko, she will never shed a tear for me, she will never come back for me, I don't know why you're so sad because there's still hope she'll come running back to save you from this hell hole of a life she left for you to live without your mothers love", I finished talking letting the tears flow.

He wasn't interrupting, he wasn't speaking, he was still for a moment before he got up out of his seat and tightly wrapped his arms around me, I hugged him back, gripping onto him as I sobbed into his shoulder.

"Azula you are no monster, you're my sister", he shakily spoke, we just held onto each other, just like we've been holding on for all these years, he's the best brother I could ever ask for.

"Screw her", I said catching my breath from the excessive crying.

"Yeah screw her", Zuko laughed.

"OKAY WHAT THE F*CK DID YOU SAY BECAUSE NO ONE, NOT EVEN HER OWN GOD DAMN BROTHER IS ALLOWED TO MAKE AZULA CRY! NOT ON MY WATCH BUDDY, OH I WILL STRING YOU UP BY YOUR-", was that Ty Lee's voice? What the hell is she going on about?