Crash and Burn

Aang's POV

I'm not sure what I'm feeling right now, but it's some sort of rush that is incredibly hard to control, after pulling away for air Katara was staring at me, her breathing was rapid but her eyes were focused, I know what she wants, and god I want her.

My mind was ordering me to let her go but my heart begged me to pull her in closer, and my body was frozen due to the conflict inside me. I can't do anything.

Katara seemed to be in the same position I was, she read my mind like an open book and took a deep to calm down her own breathing, helping me to copy her. She moved her hands smoothly from my cheeks down to my neck, interlocking her fingers and resting her arms on my shoulders.

"We need to talk", I sighed after a peaceful silence, helping us to calm down. She seemed disheartened, then nodded.

"Can I kiss you again?", She requested, I struggled to answer her, not knowing what's the right choice to make. Finding the my training is being pushed to the front of my mind, reminding me of the big emotions that I need to control for her safety.

"There'll be more opportunities to kiss", I said as softly as I could so I wouldn't come across as rude, but she immediately let go of me and stepped back. Damn it.

"Then let's talk, I hate how this is being played out. You lead me on and then once you have me in the palm of your hand you toss me away again just to pull me back in to repeat this stupid game", She huffed, I don't blame her for reacting like this after everything that's happened but that's not how I want it to look like.

"This is tough for me too, you know there are a lot of things I need to take into consideration especially with my training, this is for you", I frowned with a shrug, wanting to reach out to her but I know she'll push me away, I need her to understand I really do want to be with her.

"Just tell me to walk away if you think it's not going to work, instead of this stupid and humiliating push and pull system", she laughed lightly, to cover up how hurt she clearly is. I hate hurting her but she needs to see it from my side, arguing on the side of the road isn't going to help solve this problem.

"C'mon let's go up to my apartment, we can talk all day and night if we need to, I care about you Katara and I want us to work. Let's figure out what's best for us", I grinned supportively, hoping she'll give in to my irresistible charms yet again.

She took another breath before walking past me and opening the door to the building, she didn't say a word, not even when we got to the apartment door. I watched her closely, hoping she'd just say something, when I found my keys I looked back at her again, to see her eyes fixed on the spot in the hallway we had our moment. I can't say anything now.

I unlocked the door and found that the lights were off, I could've sworn Suki was meant to be back by now. "I'll just be a second", I spoke calmly to Katara before leaving her behind the other side of the door, keeping it ajar so she isn't completely shut out. "Suki?", I asked out to the darkness as I switched the light on.

"Please I don't want to be around anyone right now", I heard her voice quiver from the couch. She was curled up against the far corner of it, clutching onto a cushion. Whatever happened early had a bigger effect on her then I thought. She looked really distressed, I definitely can't leave her like this.

"Hey no talk to me, maybe I can help", I walked over to the couch but she turned away from me as I got closer, stopping me in my tracks, keeping a safe distance to not make her more uncomfortable, this should be a safe space for her.

"You wouldn't understand Aang, I'm begging you, just go", she mumbled into the cushion her face was buried into. This is big. She's definitely had a huge panic about something and she's crashing from all that built up emotion.