Chapter 72

My heart was still beating normally despite being tied up to a chair in a dark room

My heart was still beating normally despite being tied up to a chair in a dark room. When I woke up the first time I couldn't make out the whereabouts of the place. I was dragged by two men.

I tried to free my wrist but it was cuffed tightly. If that little shit thinks he will have me here and make a deal with Eve then he is so wrong. he didn't know what he had brought to his house.

For a moment, my heart shudders thinking about my girl. My baby, I had to be with her right now. She must've been blaming herself for my abduction and I hate it. I want to hug her and assure her that nothing is her fault. She is my little warrior. And she'll win over her own demons.

My heart constricts at the realization, at this proof of what she must’ve experienced here in the dark room. It made my body shake with fury. And about what she might’ve suffered in all that time, locked up in such dark, horrifying conditions. But seeing it for myself—I wish I weren’t right. And for the very first time I wish I could have gone back in time and placed every scene right in time.

The bead of sweat rolled down my back and I tried to sit up, but my muscles felt too taut. I heave a sigh, then lean back on the chair, relaxing myself. I need to calm down, to tackle this situation.

A footsteps finally approach the room. It halted on the door and I leaned in to the small sound of the keypad being punched. It's coded. I wish it was some stupid chain lock, it could've been much easier to escape.

A door slid open and finally light slid into the room. I don't know how long it was in a day but I must've been here for more than a day. I counted to ten beats in my mind until I was calm enough.

I've learned this trick since I was a kid. I can't go all hysterical after my own mother beat me to death. This method stayed even after she left.

Four soldiers enter the room, making a square around my chair and gun ready to shoot. I have to stifle my chuckle at that. I was the one who was tied yet they needed to reassure their safety with a gun.

A shadow of a man comes into my eyesight and I look up, hollow eyes stare back at me.

"We met again" His grin was so odd on his pale fleshy face.

"Though I'd prefer Better circumstances for this meeting" I Shrugged, leaning back relaxed. A muscle in his jaw ticked, a small tremor on his finger clear indication how easily he can be riled up.

"Please accept my apology, gentleman." He gave a tight smile and then leaned forward. "But This is the best one I have in arrangements right at the moment. And I knew You would have wanted to be closer to your daughter. Don't you?" He asked.

My heart stilled in my chest but I kept my face poker, betraying no emotion. But I wish I could punch the fucker right away. Wish I could break his mouth and cut his tongue out so he won't be able to whisper her name.