Chapter 66

The crunch echoed in the silent corridor when Zade snapped the guard's neck

The crunch echoed in the silent corridor when Zade snapped the guard's neck. He fell silently on the ground and we hid his body.

We took out two other guards who were on duty. I don't know how the fuck there's a guard if he said there will be none.

But when we listened to the conversation of the nearest duo, we realized something had happened that evening. I don't know if Rex got any inkling about us attacking the mansion.

The energy dances on the tip of my finger as we make our way inside. The corridors were eerily silent. The structure of this palace is quite similar to one I've been to in the past.

It sent thousands of bitter crawling memories under my skin.

The footsteps approach In distance and my eyes lock with Zade. He nodded and we both separated on two sides of the pillar. He had already taken care of the camera. All we need to do is get the old hag out without drawing much attention and piling dead bodies.

Not my words.

The woman in her late fifties walked out of the room, wiping her hands and humming the tune. Her attention was lost so I don't think she'll feel stalkers.
She disappears behind the double doors and we spring forward.

"The room is on the third floor," Zade whispered softly. "I need you to keep an eye out. I'll go in the room –" his words were cut off by a loud gunshot.

I stifle my gasp when he suddenly pulls me to him, and then covers us. My face is buried in his chest.

So many footsteps run in the corridor, going towards the third floor.

So much for being low.

I peered out, the guards were donned in all black suits and the idea stuck in my mind.

"Come on" I sneaked behind two guards, the ball of black vapor danced across my fingertip before I threw it at them, they stopped, their eyes dilating.

"Get the guards away from the third floor. There's a breach in the front yard"I commanded them. Both of them stare at me for a second but follow my command like a robot.

"What are you doing?" Zade hissed but I didn't pay him attention, Instead I called Damien from the watch.

"What?" He grumbled sleepily or maybe pretentending.

"Stop acting dude and get on with the work. I know you're five minutes away from breaking in. Go in the right front yard and keep guards on toe" I ordered.

"I thought you guys were capable of handling it yourself,"

"Not a time, knight" Zade poked, his voice hard and I hate it to be on the other side of that.

"You owe me, falcon" He snapped, cutting the call.

We creeped under the stairs, Zade hiding behind the pillars and I tucked myself under small table. The small size is finally helpful.