Chapter 16

"It wasn't that easy dad" I scowled back at my father

"It wasn't that easy dad" I scowled back at my father. He seems angry but I'm not one at fault.

My family had finally come under one roof and let me tell you it's properly chaotic.

This month feels like a bizzarious of my life till date. First knowing about Evelyn, then finding my little angel back. I'm too happy and I start to fear it'll go away like always.

"Are you sure that kid is Alex's child?" My brother Carter said.

he was my second in command when I was boss in the mafia. I resigned a little early because Alex had made his position with his efforts. I was just spiraling out for a few years and I'm damn proud of him for how he handled all the chaos and also looked after the family.

I rolled my eyes at him before replying. "She's family, carte."

The irritation started to unfurl in me at their interrogation.

"Where's Alexander?" My father asked.

The man was like a robot, no emotion, no happiness, nothing. I don't even see him smiling much except with Angelina and my mother. Those two women were his only weakness if I do say so. When I was younger I was shit scared of him but the years passed and I realised this is just the way this man is.

I just hope he doesn't scare away Evelyn. The kid is still trying to adjust here and I love her as much as I love my other children.

Okay fine, maybe little more-

"He texted. He will be back before dinner" I replied.

I can't believe that kid cancelled the meeting for Evelyn. I like that he's finally doing the effort to make it work.

The conversation now moves back to the mafia attacks we are getting. Everyone in the mafia is pissed at the random gang. I doubt that it's a gang, seeing the proper and calculative organization of their attack. They're good, too good to drop their clue. They want to rule over every mafia, taking them as slave. That's absurd to even think about it. Mafia is not like candy in a store, that you stole randomly and got away with.

"How many alliances do we have?" My youngest brother lucas asked. He was quiet till now. He is one of those people who doesn't speak much. He just brings it into action.

"Alex had a meeting with the Russians, they have similar problems so obviously they agreed. Greek doesn't send their words back and about Spanish. We are going to meet them this weekend" I pinch the bridge of my nose.