Chapter 15

Third person's pov.

Alex sighed irritatedly as he looked at his secretary.

Even dying hyena's sound is a better option at this moment.

"Ms. Ayfer, I asked you to cancel the meeting, not to lecture me" he said coldly, glaring at her.

He just wanted to finish this shit load of work and go to pick Evelyn. He got the call an hour ago from an unknown number and when he picked it, it was from Evelyn. She reasoned that she forgot her phone at home.

She was hesitant for a moment before she asked if she could go home alone. She doesn't want to drive with Luciano, nor damien. Not after their clear attitude at lunch. And she knows they won't let her alone without Alex's permission so she just called him after debating with herself for an hour.

Alex didn't miss the chance. He said he will pick her up from school. His grandparents and uncle had already landed. He doesn't want to overwhelm her.

Secretary looks terrified for a moment, her face falling and embarrassment clouding her features. In the last three years of her working here for him, he never had asked for cancellations, he would manage it however in any urgency. So it's shocking for her.

Alex felt just a little bad because she's different. She was efficient and dedicated to her work unlike the previous ones who were trying to throw themselves on him for money and fame.

"Mr. Deluca you already cancelled it twice, I'm afraid but Mr. Green isn't happy about rescheduling it" she said, biting her lip and her body language alert like if he will be pissed at her answer, he might hit her. That's absurd because he won't do that obviously without reason and that's fucking pissing him off.

He wouldn't call that he is on friendly terms with her but she's putting up with his shit nowadays more so he can at least be kind to her.

That thought also sounds foreign and too absurd to him because till now he didn't care for anyone. He doesn't care what anyone is going through to just finish the task he ordered them to do.

He is changing little even if he won't admit it. For his little girl.

"Fine, schedule it at night. I'll deal with it at home" he said, taking his suit jacket.

"Sure, Mr. De Luca" she responded.

"Did you get the custody paper I asked from the lawyer?"  He asked.

He wanted to be ready for any circumstances. He didn't hear anything from lyla but he isn't going to give her any chance to question. He is just waiting for her to show up so he can torture her. The thought runs his adrenaline in happiness. She deserved it for what she'd put his daughter through. He doesn't know to which extent lyla had hurt Evelyn but he can guess.

The way she flinches at touch and the way she is always alerted and sharp to her surroundings. She is still so young. She doesn't have to worry about the danger lurking behind her back. She should enjoy it with her family but she doesn't. She somehow reminds him of himself.

Apparently His mother was also not so fond of him.

"Yes, I'll email you shortly." She answered.