Chapter 30

"I love you, Mia amore" I mumbled softly as I tucked Evelyn in bed

"I love you, Mia amore" I mumbled softly as I tucked Evelyn in bed. She was fast asleep. her face looked so tired and pale. She feels like a small ice cube as always. 

I never had felt so scared in my life, never not even back when my mother had hit me and abused me and threatened my life. I had never felt so helpless and defeated. Never just never until angelina called me this noon. 

She told me that Eve had a panic attack and she isn't calming down. All I wanted was to run and get to her as soon as possible and cradle her in my arms. I was quick to make my way to her after hanging up the phone call. 

I didn't mention anything about what's gone wrong. Instead I took her to the same cafe for Ice cream and I even took doggy with us.

Even though I didn't like the way he was licking her as soon as he saw her. Fucker- 

I stood up ready to leave even though I wanted to be at her side. Xavier had called me earlier today saying he needed to talk about something important. 

That filthy fur looked up and his eyes watching me as I stood up. 

"Don't get too comfortable on MY BED" I scowled at him before pushing his head gently into cover. At least He's doing a good job as a bodyguard. Maybe I should train him properly.

More-money-savings in my bank account.  

I locked the door quietly and made my way into Xavier's office beside mine on the third floor. The smell of bleaching and senetarise hanging in Air. 

Nick was also sitting on one of the chairs, reading something with concentration.  

"Xavier" I called his name, getting his attention. His hair was ruffled and he looked tired. He doesn't have to work too much but it's not about money or anything. It's about his dreams and passion and I know he loves what He does. 

"Hey" He greeted and slid the test tubes in the Frozen box before taking a seat. 

"Evelyn slept?" Nick asked, as he looked up from the book. 

I nod at him in agreement. Unfortunately Nick was with me in the meeting when I got a call from Angelina so he also knows about the panic attack. 

I folded the sleeve of my shirt and loosened my tie and took a seat on a chair beside Nick. 

"Nick told me she had a panic attack. How's she?" He asked, his voice seemed more professional. 

"Fine" talking about her was the last thing I wanted to do right now but I know it's necessary. And he only wants a good and healthy environment for her.

"You said you wanted to talk about something important" I reminded him, Making myself comfortable in the chair. 

He nods and then grabs some papers, filing them neatly in file.