Chapter 34

Third person's pov.

•|| First meet ~ past ||•

A whimper left from Evelyn's lips as she laid on the cold concrete ground. Her body was bruised, bones broken more than she can count.

It's too dark, she doesn't remember seeing the light for days now, since she came here. And she doesn't know if she will see it again or not.

This dungeon stinks worse and the coldness of the pillars and stone walls surely give her pneumonia.

She coughed the blood, sucking in her breath when her ribs ached.

She wants to crawl towards the battered mattress but it's hard to even move too.

A silent clink echoed in the empty dungeon making her alert. Her left eye is so swollen that she could barely see but despite that, she can't see shit in the dark except the presence of someone in the room.

"Are you here to kill me now?" She sasses sarcastically with groans when her swollen lip bleeds again.

The intruder stops in her tracks, His purple eyes gleaming in dark as he looks at the Little girl lying in blood. He shouldn't feel pity, he's here to kill her so he should go ahead and do that before the guard on watch comes but he couldn't do it.

His feet slowly crept to the girl, her swollen face came into view, she looked so fragile and vulnerable, so young. Like him.

In that moment he can see himself, the old helpless him.

"Not yet" he whispered in dark, his hand which was covered in leather gloves leaned forward, pushing her hair out of the way in her face.

Evelyn moaned in pain, trying to not flinch at touch. It was brief, so soft but yet she couldn't help it. She hates that someone is seeing her in this vulnerable moment. 

"Sorry" he retreated his hand back immediately.

Despite being in pain Evelyn chuckled. She doesn't know why he is sorry or why he is being nice. Maybe it's just trapped.

"What are you here for?" She Snorted.

"Is it hard to believe that someone is here and they don't want to kill you?" He retorted back with amusement.

Evelyn noticed how his voice had a British accent. His voice was soft, polished, Rich, calm but it was like a storm before a calm one.

"It's hard to see shit in this dark so I can't say if you're enjoying my misery or are you just plain pity-giver-creepy-arsehole" she snickered with snort, coughing another fit of blood.

The boy grimaced as he shook his head. "You should bleach your mouth often princess"

For a full moment he let the situation sink in. He is here to kill her not to save her but it's hard. It won't be a fair fight if he kills her in one of her weak moments. Her mother had taught him much better.

He kneels down, and removes the glove from one hand. The ball of energy dances at the tip of his index finger. Golden hue balls dancing in the air, one, two and then more. Once dark room was now lit by golden light.

Evelyn's eye danced across the light balls, mouth agape as she stared at it with new curiosity and fear.

Her eyes snapped towards the intruder, he didn't look older than her, maybe just two-three years old, the youngness of him is so beautiful.

thin bow-like eyebrow, high cheekbones, long lashes which kisses them whenever he blinks, full pink lips and jawline so sharp. His hair was stuck everywhere, ruffled messily.