Back With Me Again [Aether & Lumine]

⚠️ THIS IS NOT A ROMANTIC ONE SHOT ⚠️

Aether POV: 

"So according to Dainsleif there should be some ruins right about here..." Paimon says, her eyes skimming the map. I place my rucksack down to examine the area, "Hm... ah here it is!" I point to a small gap between two jagged rocks, sinister fog flows out of the gap, "yeesh... this place gives Paimon the heebie jeebies, you go in first! Paimon will take the rear!" I roll my eyes, "you're such a chicken" I mumble to myself as I slide through the narrow gap, I pull Paimon through the small gap straining, *pop* "looks like SOMEBODY gained weight..." I say nudging her playfully, "that's what too much sticky honey roast does to you" I chuckle as Paimon tugs on my hair and stomps her feet. I wave at the air dispersing the fog revealing a chamber-like atmosphere with eerie purple lights and strange bubbles, there are a few lamps on the floor and they flicker slightly. "O...kay so lets get abyss-lector-huntering!!" Paimon declares, "Huntering?" I ask curiously, "Shut up! Paimon is using top notch English" she wiggles her finger at me. I roll my eyes and carefully walk forward into the unknown, I dodge past the purple bubbles with the help of my wind glider, my feet touch the ground, I use elemental sight and a blue vapour like mark is visible. "This way!" I whisper-shout at Paimon, we enter the room to see an upside down Statue of the Seven, unknown purple energy swirls around it, it's tied down with chains, "Look! There's someone kneeling there!" I carefully approach the figure, it was a man dressed in treasure hoarder clothes, his hands weakly dangle in front of him in a cage like formation, his head low and body completely still, I couldn't even hear him breathing. "Is he...dead?" Paimon asks poking his shoulder, I press a palm into his wrist, ice cold... I nod, "we should venture in further, we don't know what this Statue of the Seven can do to us, it's best to just keep going and move away from this thing" I beckon Paimon over as we turn around the corner, there was a slight ramp uphill with those same eerie purple bubbles coming down in numerous groups, "looks like this is a running one..." I mutter to myself, I jump up and down on the spot a couple times warming up my legs, I dodge left and right jumping up and down quickly as the platforms break as soon as my feet lift off from it, I collapse on the stable platform on the other side panting heavily, "phew... Paimon thinks that was a death trap" I nod, "y-yeah... my senses are tingling... the abyss lector should be near" I say in a hushed voice.

I enter the next room, it was completely empty and full of cobwebs, "a dead end?" I look around the room, *slash* a hydro blade almost cuts my waist open, I quickly move away and gets into my fighting stance, pointing my sword forward, "my my... getting so worked up are we?" a low sinister voice says in a mocking manner, an abyss lector emerges from the shadows. Paimon hides behind me as the abyss lector slowly moves closer to me, soon an epic battle broke out, I slash at the abyss lector from all directions, dodging it's attacks as I go, I flip midair and kick the abyss lector in the stomach, it skids along the concrete floors, I take this opportunity to lunge forward with my blade aiming directly at it's heart. Suddenly a jet of unknown elemental power hits my blade aside, I turn around to see a portal forming, a young girl around my age... wearing celestial clothes, beautiful blonde hair, and a Khaenri'ah traditional flower threaded into her hair. My eyes widen... "LUMINE!!" I yell, my voice cracking a little, the abyss lector stumbles on it's feet and stands behind Lumine, my heart sinks a little, she...she blocked an attack from me to save the abyss? "Lumine... please come home with me!" she looks up at the roof, her shoulders lower, "home... that's whenever we're together, though you need not hurry brother, I have already been through this journey once, there's always enough time to wait for you... don't try to stop the abyss, you'll realise soon enough..." my heart starts beating rapidly as my brain frantically throws thoughts and questions at me. "Until we meet again..." Lumine says solemnly before summoning the portal again, slowly disappearing, I run forward into the portal, I wasn't about to lose her again this easily! For a moment my mind was blurry, all I could see was galaxies, the portal throws me onto a grassy cliff, I grumble a little, "oh... my back..." I stand up, the cliff overlooks what looks like hell, block-like objects were moving in snake formation in and out of the lava craters, the skies were dyed red and black mist dance in the air, I look down to see a small figure accompanied by 6 abyss mages and 4 mitachurls with shields, Lumine... "your highness... princess..." one of the abyss mages bows down to her, "soon we will seize the power in Teyvat and revel in it's glory, leaving the lowly peasants to rot ALONE!" the abyss mage chuckles to itself, "Hm...good" Lumine starts to move forward, her bodyguards and servants following.