Distracted [Zhongli x Childe]

Note: AAAA OVER 10K VIEWS <3 TYSM Y'ALL

Childe POV: 

"Is that understood Tartaglia?" The Tsaritsa asks as she strokes her snow white wolf companions, I bow my head "Yes ma'am". I went down to the ports, the sun was shining down but the glacial winds of Snezhnaya continue to cancel out any warmth. "Ah, Mr Childe... please board the ship, Signora is waiting for you" a recruit says while busily scribbling on a clipboard, I make my way into the huge grey ship, it was like a monster slowly creeping it's way to the destination, in this case, Liyue. I swing the cabin door open, "Ah there you are Childe..." Signora says sarcastically, "Lets just go over the plan" I say exasperatedly. I was tired of her tactics, always trying to run her own show and being so... sadistic, "You impatient little thing... okay okay, so basically you distract the Geo Archon while I locate the gnosis, and don't just rely on me to find the gnosis Childe, you also have to try and find it" she puts her lips close to my ear, "You're loyal to her majesty aren't you? Then surely you won't refuse this little request of mine, hm?" I nod. "Fine, just quit teasing me all the time" I say swatting her away like a pest, I walk out onto the deck of the boat and lean over the balcony, I watch as the icebergs slowly slowly fade away and a rush of warm sunshine wraps around my body, mmm... I haven't felt this natural warmth in ages. 

A large bustling city gradually comes into view, it was very traditional and well designed, it seemed much more welcoming and warm compared to Snezhnaya, "remember the plan" Signora says to me as I step out of the ship, "Oka-" before I could finish, she disappears among the sea of crimson butterflies, typical. I pull out my files, hm okay so I'm supposed to meet this man named Zhongli as he's a trusted associate of the Fatui, I flip the page and squinted at the image. He looked like he was in his late 20's, he looked very mature and serious, his eyes are a gorgeous hue of gold and his hair is chocolate brown with a hint of orange-gold on the edges, this guy is actually pretty good looking... I slap myself across the face, that was extremely gay of me... I shake my head as I make my way to the promised meeting spot, Liuli Pavillion. I poke my head around the door and my heart did an entire flip, there he was...in the flesh, he looked even better in real life than the photo, "Um... greetings Mr Zhongli, I'm Childe the 11th Fatui harbinger" I say as calmly as possible and extended a hand, he shook my hand "A pleasure to cross paths with you Mr Childe" he gives my hand a little squeeze, huh... what was that for? I ignore it, "pleasure is all mine". Zhongli and I enjoy a lovely meal discussing over the geo archon and exchanging information about ourselves, after a few hours we struck up a rather nice friendship. "Would you like to go crystalfly catching with me at Guyun Stone Forest?" he offers, I nod, I don't often get to see too much crystalflies in Snezhnaya, sure there are a couple, but I wanted to see a whole group of them, flying together. 

We make our way into the echoing cavern at the centre of Guyun Stone Forest, gentle water droplets fall from the rooftop, "wait... they're so high up, how are we supposed to catch them?" I ask curiously, Zhongli chuckled softly and summoned his geo pillar. "Woaahh... okay I'll climb up" I say as I dig my nails into the pillar and scooch my way up like a caterpillar. As I reach the top, I yell "CATCH ME!" then I leap up and cup a crystal fly, Zhongli catches me bridal style as I hold up the crystal fly in triumph "Excellent, a few more to go..." by sunset, Zhongli and I have collected bucketfuls of crystalflies. "What are we using these for?" I ask as I pick up a few buckets, "Just for house decor, speaking of that, would you like to come over Childe?" my heart skips a beat, "S-Sure!". I soon find myself standing in front of an inn, Zhongli leads me into a room in the south western direction, the door opens revealing a comfortable and historical room, "Oooo... this looks really nice" I say taking in my surroundings. I sit down on the couch as Zhongli sits next to me, a sudden rush of warmth fills up my body, why...why is my body doing this? Stay focused, I still got a job to do.