I care about you [Cyno x Tighnari]

Note: Big shoutout to 6MUICHIRO3 for giving me the main idea for this oneshot, tysm<3 :)

Cyno POV: 

"Cyno?" I turn around towards the direction of the voice, "can you help me? I need a few buckets of mourning flowers for a new medicine I'm making that cures measles" a familiar forest watcher makes his way towards me. "Nari!" I jump up and scoop him in my arms, "of course, lets go when you're ready!" I say and pick up my polearm. I quickly head over to my hut and pack 2 bottles of water, buckets, notebooks, and pens. Tighnari holds my hand as we make our way towards Asipattravana Swamp, "Got any new jokes?" Tighnari asks looking sideways at me smugly, I scratch my head, "What do you call a fish with no eyes?" I ask, "it's...dead?" Tighnari says shrugging, "No it's a fsh" I say proudly. Tighnari smacks his forehead, "Ohhhh... got any more fish ones?" hm... "what does the fish say when it swims into a wall?" Tighnari ponders for a while, "I'm not sure..." I smirk, "It says dam" I declare. Tighnari chuckles a little, during our walk there I notice Tighnari's ears twitching madly, and he drinks water constantly while panting heavily. "Do you need a rest?" I ask, "Here have my water" I pass him my water bottle, "N-No... but you could get dehydrated if you don't have some water" he says as he hesitantly takes my water bottle from me. I shrugged, "Don't worry, relax I'm used to this, I'm always in the desert anyway", I watch Tighnari gulp the whole bottle down, "Ready to go? The swamp is just up ahead!" he nods as he and I reach the swamp. 

A beautiful fairytale-like scenery greets us as many exotic plants tower over us, the humidity also increases as vultures fly overhead. "Maybe we should split up? So we can cover more ground, we'll meet back here at this rock here once we've filled our buckets, does that sound okay?" Tighnari asks handing me a few buckets. "Sure, then I'll fill you in on some facts before we return back to Gandharva Ville" Tighnari gives a sharp nod before heading right, I turn around and head left. After a while of walking, I set the buckets down on the moist earthy grounds before exploring the nearby areas, looking in every cranny and nook, climbing high and low. I place my finds into the buckets, I manage to fill 3 buckets, two more to go! I continue walking and walking and walking, I notice the plants lessen and not many mourning flowers could be found, huh...? I place the buckets down before sitting down panting a little, mm... I am a little thirsty, maybe I should have drank some water before giving it to Tighnari. I swallow some saliva to relieve the scratchy feeling in my throat, I get up and I continue walking, I notice some plants up ahead, I mustered just enough strength to lightly jog over. When I was just 7 metres away, a putrid smell fills the air, I slow down my pace and scrunch up my nose, ugh...what is this smell? I notice a poisionous decaying plant nearby emitting black vapour, I cover my mouth and nose and try to push on as I see more mourning flowers up ahead, as I walk more of the black vapour creeps through the cracks in my fingers into my nostrils, mixed with the humidity down here in the swamp it was becoming difficult. 

Finally I make it out of the vicinity of the decaying plant, I collapse near the mourning flowers coughing violently, I thump my chest numerous times. The scratchy feeling in my throat returns, I try to swallow some saliva but I couldn't form any in my mouth, I try shouting Tighnari's name but it comes out in a dry raspy wheeze. I pant heavily as I keep coughing violently, a patch of red falls on the sand, am I coughing out blood...? The taste of metal spreads through my mouth, I attempt to stand up, my legs wobble like jelly as I stagger slowly forward step by step, ah wait... the flowers... I bend down to pick the group of mourning flowers, chucking them lazily into the buckets before continuing to stagger forward. The humidity and coughing is becoming unbearable after 5 minutes, before I knew it, my world went dark. 

When my consciousness returns, I sit up rubbing my head, a throbbing pain spreads throughout my head, "Agh..." I say tiredly, I blink a few times and my vision cleared. I was in...Gandharva Ville? I reach out to the bottle of water on the desk nearby and drink the whole thing in less than 3 seconds. "Master Tighnari! He's awake!" a bright and cheerful voice calls, Tighnari pokes his head into the hut and rushes over. "Cyno! Thank goodness you're awake!" he pulls me into a tight embrace, "Are you okay now?" he cups my cheeks searching my face worriedly, "I'm still...finding it hard to breathe but definitely...better...better than before" I say quietly, "here take this... it's to cure your sore throat and clear out your airways" Tighnari pours out a dark green liquid into a spoon and adds herbs to it before handing the spoon to me, I pinch my nose before swallowing it down, it had mixture of sourness and bitterness to it. "Ugghhh... it's horrible..." I complained, "I know... but aren't you talking normally now?" Tighnari says smiling warmly. "Huh? Oh...OH! I am!" I say happily, I try to take a deep breath in and out, repeating the process a few times. "Hey I can also breathe normally now!" I pick Tighnari up and spin around in circles, I place kisses all over his face, "Thank you thank you thank youuu~ I love you so much Nariiiii~" he giggles and hugs me tight, "I care about you... a lot" he says softly in my ear, "me too Nari... I'd give up my own life for you, you are everything to me" I slide my hands slowly into his tail, mm...soft...warm...fluffy~. 

"Do you want to deliver these extra mourning flowers to Kaveh with me?" he asks holding up a few bundles of flowers, "Sure! I'm in much better shape anyway" I say as I stand up. We make our way to Kaveh's office, Tighnari knocks on the door, no response. The door was open a little, so I pushed the door open a little, it revealed a very messy workspace, papers were all over the ground and many canvas were set up, I made my way to the biggest canvas and removed the cloth, a beautiful...stunning...GORGEOUS portrait of Alhaitham was revealed, "woah..." Tighnari says quietly. "HEY! What are you two doing in my office?! And you weren't supposed to see that!" Kaveh comes charging at us blocking the portrait, but it was a little too late. I smirked, "We're here to deliver some mourning flowers" I hand over the bundles of flowers, "Uhh thanks" he says awkwardly still trying to cover up the portrait of Alhaitham. "See you two 'roommates' around" Tighnari says with a hint of edge when he said "roommates". From the corner of my eyes, I could see Kaveh blushing and fuming, pff... 

We head outside to an oak tree just a few metres away from the city, I sit down beneath the shade as Tighnari joins me. "Ah... what a day..." he says staring up at the branches swaying gently in the wind, "Mm..." I scooch closer to Tighnari holding him close to my chest, he places a gentle kiss on my lips, "I love you Cyno, in this life...and the next, and the next and the next... our love is unconditional and eternal..." I caress his ears and I say softly in return, "Indeed... you will always be my one and only...true love".