A Love For Windblume [Kaeya x Albedo]

Albedo POV:
"Mr Albedo!" said a gentle and timid voice, it was Sucrose. "I've set out the things you've asked me to do for the upcoming Windblume" she said, "although, this Windblume is a bit different..." she said, looking at the floor. "What do you mean?" I asked as I put my clipboard down on the dusty table, "everybody is finding a partner... ahem... romantically, I mean... so I just wanted to let you know so you have time to find someone" she said stuttering, my cheeks went red. "Uh, okay... I'll see what I can do'' I said looking away from Sucrose's eyes, then she suddenly walked up to me, "why don't you ask that Cavalry Captain, Kaeya?" she asked, smirking, my face went even redder than before, "Ahem... where did you get that idea from?" I said extremely flustered, "I've seen you writing poems about him in your notebook... ah, wait... I didn't purposely peek... uh..." she said nervously playing with her clothes. "It's alright Sucrose, and what a great idea, I'll go find Kaeya now" I said and got up, "Haha, good luck" she said and went back to her research.

Now, where is that sneaky Cavalry Captain? I decided to check the tavern, I swung the wooden door open, to no surprise, Kaeya was slumped on the front reception with a wine glass in his hand, my heart thumped heavily, "K-kaeya?" I said as he turned to look at me with half lidded eyes, his face had a crimson shade of blush over them, boy he's been drinking too much, "U-uh... sorry to disturb you but I was wonderin-" suddenly, Kaeya collapsed on the floor, I panicked. Diluc seemed to not pay attention as he continued to polish wine glasses, "Drunkard..." I heard him mutter under his breath, I stared at the beautiful man sprawled out like a starfish at my feet, his jawline was flawless and he looked so dreamy~ Agh, Albedo snap out of it! I thought, I picked Kaeya up, dropping him twice since he's at least twice my height and weight, I soon managed to heave him up off the floor, I staggered out of the tavern and struggled to get up the stairs back to the alchemy research lab, my arms felt sore as my legs got more unstable by the second, by the time I reached the door of the research lab, I was beyond tired, I lay Kaeya down on the concrete and relaxed my arms. Ahhh... I wiped the sweat off my face, "Mr Albedo, what happened?" I turned around to see Sucrose running towards me with a shocked expression on her face, "A-ah Sucrose..." I said tiredly, "H-he passed out because he d-drank too much." I was still panting slightly, "Oh... do you need help?" she asked, "No, I can manage, please go back to your research" I said as she took some test tubes and left. I unlocked the door and dragged Kaeya inside, I didn't have enough energy to carry him again. I propped him up against a wall and wrapped a blanket around him. That night, I slept on the couch in the lab to take care of him.

The next morning, I was awoken by somebody caressing my cheek, I opened my eyes slightly only to see Kaeya's breast window right in front of my face, the Cavalry Captain was grinning to himself while watching me sleep, I blushed. "Kaeya?" I said quietly, "Oho~ my caring knight in shining armour is awake" he said chuckling, "Hahah, good morning..." I said rubbing my eyes and stretched. I suddenly remembered the thing Sucrose told me yesterday morning, "Kaeya? Um, would you like to be my partner for Windblume?" I said quickly, he smirked, "Oh? The chief alchemist has a liking towards me, hah, I'm honoured, of course Albedo" he said as he hugged me. My body relaxed as I hugged him back, a new feeling of confidence wrapped around me as I held Kaeya's hand and walked out of the research lab. "Good morning Sucrose!" I said and waved at her, her face registered shock then happiness, "You two finally got together! Congrats" she said as tears welled up in her eyes, "Mhm, thank you Sucrose" Kaeya says and pats her head. She joined us on our walk into the city just as Windblume began... the banners and decor were put up, there were beautiful flower tinsel around the windmills as people set up their stalls.

"Kaeya come here!" I dragged him by the hand to the stall that had musical instruments lined up along the shelves, "I want to play a piece to express my love to you~" I said blushing slightly, "Aww, who knew the chief alchemist was such an expert in love?" he chuckled and sat on the chair opposite me, watching me hopefully. I began to play "Cryo Chapter'' (Kaeya's theme) on the guitar while humming at some parts, I made sure to pour all my heart and emotion into it, when I finished and looked up, Kaeya was crying happy tears, "Aww, that's so sweeeeeet, you're my Albaedo forever~" he said and kissed me gently. I shoved him gently, "Nice pun" I said and led him to the next stall. "This time watch me!" he said, and went into the balloon popping arena, "Alright, watch this Calvary Captain slay~" he said confidently and began running around popping balloons, but not long after, I heard a shout, "AAHHH ALBEDO IT'S CHASING MEEEEE" Kaeya ran quickly out from behind a shelf panting and screaming as a slime balloon was not far behind him, "Run, run faster!" I called from the sidelines slightly giggling. But, the slime balloon increases its speed and captured Kaeya and teleported him back to the start, while it was teleporting Kaeya, his long legs hit the ceiling and he began falling from the ceiling, I panicked, I ran over to try and catch him, he ended up landing on top of me instead of on my arms, jeez, so heavy... "Ow" I said rubbing my head, "Ehe... sorry" he said and checked up on me, "It's alright it wasn't your fault, it was funny watching you though!" I said and smiled at him.

"Aw, you're so cute when you smile!" he said slyly and began squishing my cheeks, "Kaeee~ stopppp~" I said pouting, "Fine fine~" he said as he grabbed my collar and pushed his lips into mine, my eyes widened, but slowly returned the kiss. After we got out of the room, we went for a walk. It made me happy to see the citizens of Mondstadt all enjoying the festive activities. Klee was taking pictures with Bennett and Razor, Sucrose was folding paper cranes with Collei, and Tighnari, Cyno, and the Traveller were having a chat over Mondstadt traditional treats. This is what Windblume is all about, unity.