Bottled Up Feelings [Cyno x Tighnari]

Cyno POV: 

"Slacking off again?" Dehya asks while giving me a light slap on the head, my gaze fixed on a very particular forest watcher... "Hey, can you hear me?" she snaps her fingers in front of my face. "Ah, yes sorry...what?" I say blinking and looking up at her. "Stop staring at Tighnari and get back to work, we've got runes to search for" she says while heading into the pyramid. I pick up my polearm and began searching for the runes, my feet touch something hard in the sand, I bend down and push the sand away to reveal a stone tablet, "I found one!" I declare pulling it out of the sand and raising it in the air in triumph, "Oh so you're not entirely useless after all, two more to go!" Dehya's voice echoes from inside the pyramid, "I'll look on the left side!" Collei calls. I head to the east exterior side of the pyramid to look for Tighnari as he hasn't made a peep this entire time, the wind began picking up as I walk closer. I see Tighnari covering his ears while muttering "Ugh...my ears...they're going to be blown inside out!" I act fast and quickly come up behind and cover his ears with my hands, "Careful now... the wind is picking up" I feel him jolt, "You'd cover my ears for me?" he asks incredulously, I nod "Of course, is there an issue? Hm... I wonder why you're so jumpy..." I say and edge a little closer. Tighnari edges away, "Um... you know what? I think I see something over there" he awkwardly smiles and darts off. I sigh and kick myself in the shin, get it together Cyno.

A while later, when the four of us finish locating the runes, we head up to the Akademiya to submit them. As Dehya and the others chat away, I slip into the private room in the House of Daena, it has always been my little hideaway spot. Being the General Mahamatra isn't easy, there are responsibilities and challenges along with this title, I must be alert and devoted to this role. Although, sometimes it gets to the point where I slip away from being a human, where I can't be true to my feelings, where they are forced to hide away...bottled up.  I make my way to the huge grand piano in the middle of the room, I lift up the lid and gently plays the C major chord, I take a deep breath as my emotions pour out of my heart. "Nari, nari, nari nari nari... NARI NARI NARI NARI NARI... I LOOOOOOVE YOUUUUU OOOOH, NARI NARI NARI NARI NARI, NARI NARI NARI NARI NARI..." I begin hitting the keys more loudly now, my voice getting more passionate and loud, "Collei, Kaveh and Alhaitham too..." I continue with the chorus a bit more until I feel a sudden surge of adrenaline rush through my veins as I let out a frustrated scream and bash the keys. I pant heavily, as I lean forward a bit completely exhausted. 

"Woah easy there!" came a voice behind me, I freeze.  My eyes skim over the iconic pointy ears and the big fluffy tail, my voice comes out in a soft whisper, "T-Tighnari..." he sits beside me at the piano, an instant blush comes to my face. Tighnari gently plays the C major chord, wait... is he...? Before any further thoughts come to my mind, he begins singing... "Cyno Cyno Cyno Cyno Cyno... CYNO CYNO CYNO CYNO CYNO... I LOOOOOVE YOU TOO WOOOAHHH, CYNO CYNO CYNO CYNO CYNO..." I stare at him absolutely gobsmacked, not only because he could sing, but he also loved me? Tighnari also finishes the song with a frustrated scream and smashing the keys. He turns to me and gives me a smug little smirk, my heart is going at a million miles per second, I lean in closer again, this time he does not move away. I close the gap and I kiss him, a feeling of joy and love erupts from my chest as I press my lips harder into his. I was on cloud 9... if this isn't heaven, I don't know what is. 

"EEEEKKK!! MASTER TIGHNARI?!" Both of us instantly pulls away and turns to look at the door, Dehya and Alhaitham cover Collei's eyes as they send a message to her brain through the Akasha, "You saw nothing" Dehya says, dendro energy swirls from Dehya's akasha to Collei's. Collei slowly opens her eyes, "Huh? What happened?" she asks rubbing her head. I cough a little, "Nothing, I was just having a chat with Tighnari" I say as calmly as I can, my voice slightly wavers in the air. "Oh okay! I'll get back to my duties then!" she says and leaves. "I gotta get back to Dunyarzard, see you lovebirds around" Dehya says and leaves, Alhaitham following right after her. 

"Are you not going to say it?" Tighnari asks me with a slight edge in his voice, my heart misses a beat... "Um...ah, yeah... I love you Tighnari" he chuckles and holds me close, I feel the warmth of his body against mine as he whispers, "I love you too Cyno...". A while later, the night falls and the two of us head to the tavern as usual to play TCG with Alhaitham and Kaveh, I swing open the door and my eyes dart around to try and spot them, "Huh? They're not here?" Tighnari says confused, "Lets check their house" I suggested. I took Tighnari's hand and headed towards Alhaitham's house, when we are both 5 metres away from the door, I quickly place a palm over Tighnari's mouth, "Shh... I hear something!" we both press our ears to the door. Two muffled voices could be heard, "Mngh~ ... Hait...Haitham... aah~ ...g-good..." I briefly glance at Tighnari, he is holding in his laugh, then another lower voice says between heavy gasps, "Oho~ somebody...somebody is sensitive there~". I take Tighnari's hand as we walk away, "Maybe not tonight then... hahah..." he giggles uncontrollably, "and they were roommates! They pretend to hate each other but actually love each other, pff haha..." , I snake an arm around his waist. "Well... everyone will find their true love, but it's important those feelings don't get bottled up".