Coincidence [Xiao x Aether]

Xiao POV:

NOTE: Some ChiLi~~

I hopped down from the tree at the top of Wangshu Inn, I headed to the food cupboard to find some almond tofu to snack on, playing the flute all day really drains the energy from you. I swung the cupboard door open to find a wide range of food, but no almond tofu, shoot. I teleported to the markets in Liyue, even if I didn't like crowds, I cannot just starve can I? There was a new store that opened up just opposite Wanmin Restaurant. I decided to check it out since there weren't many people around. It was a neat little shop with things clearly labelled, which was extremely helpful. I quickly located the aisle that had almond tofu and began looking high and low on the shelves for it. I spotted it on the highest stand on the shelf, oh boy... I tried reaching for it normally, it didn't work, I'm not tall enough, I then tried going on my tippy toes, my fingers strained as my hand shook slightly, ugh, why am I just this short? Suddenly, a hand grabs the almond tofu I was trying to reach for from the shelf, I turned around to see a young man with long shiny blond hair in a braid, he had golden eyes and a very slim waist, he smiled as he handed the almond tofu to me, "Don't be afraid to ask for help buddy" he said and ruffled my hair playfully and left. Tch, who does he think he is? He's just slightly taller than me, sigh... but he is hot though... Wait, what am I thinking? Oh gosh, I've fallen in love. I purchased the goods and teleported back to Wangshu Inn and placed the almond tofu in the food cupboard.

Suddenly, I heard someone calling my name, "YOOHOO! ADEPTUS XIAO! HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME?" Gosh, it's that director of that funeral parlour Rex Lap- I mean, Zhongli works at, I quickly teleported to her location, it was inside a little cottage near Mt Tianheng. "What's the situation?" I asked as I looked around, "Is there a kidnapper? Did something catch on fire?" I said, searching her face for an answer, "Gosh, relax! I just wanted to catch up, Lumine's even here!" she said pointing behind me, I waved at Lumine, "Yeah... hey" she said without looking up from her book, then I remembered the incident from earlier. "Hey uh Hu Tao..." I began slowly, "do you happen to know someone with these qualities? I really like them..." I said and looked down, "Oho... somebody has a crush..." Hu Tao said giggling, I eyeballed her, "Just hear me out!". "He had the most amazing silky blonde hair, and it was in a plait, he had a killer smile, slim waist, golden eyes, only slightly taller than me, and he's just BEAUTIFUL" I said hiding my face behind my hands.

Hu Tao laughed, "Oh god, you're so down bad, but speaking of which, your mystery crush does sound kinda like someone I know, does it sound familiar to you Lumine?" she said, the girl didn't look up from her book, "Huh?" she said. Just then, the bathroom door behind Lumine swung open as a young man stepped out of the steam, he wasn't wearing anything except a towel around his waist, I looked closer and ... my blood ran cold, my heart thumped heavily in my chest, this cannot be happening! It was the guy from earlier, the guy I instantly fell in love with! "Ew Aether, but a shirt on!" Lumine said and stared at him in disgust, "you're scaring my friends" I curled into a ball and began screaming. "Hey you! The cute shortie with the teal hair, we met earlier right? What's your name?" he said, I was still too embarrassed to speak, Lumine got up and dragged Aether into his room to change while shouting, "STOP SCARING XIAO", "well thanks for the name sis" was his response. Hu Tao was wheezing and laughing hysterically while I wanted to mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and socially die of embarrassment. I couldn't stay there, I just couldn't, I got up without saying a word and teleported back to the rooftop of Wangshu Inn, I clutched my chest, I couldn't believe what just happened today, I don't even feel like having almond tofu.

The following morning, I was meditating under a tree, then I heard a twig snap, "WHO IS IT?" I said loudly and went into my fighting stance with my polearm pointed in the direction of the noise, "Woah, calm down! It's just me-" that voice... I lowered my polearm, as Aether, the gooooorgeous guy from yesterday emerged from the bushes. I started getting fidgety, "Just what on EARTH are you doing snooping around in bushes? Wait, that sounded rude, uh... what are you doing here?" I said awkwardly, socialising and me aren't a great duo. He chuckled, "Xiao, I just wanted to uhm... talk about yesterday, you know?" great, I felt even more nervous now, is he going to mock me or something? Whatever it is, I'm ready.

"So uh, after you left, Hu Tao explained everything to me, and to be fair, I also had my eye on you when we first met, it really was uh... love at first sight" he said avoiding my gaze, I felt all my past pains fade into nothing as I pulled Aether in for a kiss, it was sudden, yes I know, but it felt so right. Aether shuddered from the sudden movement, but returned the kiss, internally, I was happy he did so. When we pulled away, I stared into his golden eyes and I saw my reflection, I looked... brighter, happier, and livelier? I've never seen myself like this before, all these new emotions just came to me at once. "Aether, come with me" I said. I led him to Liuli Pavillion. I need him to meet Zhongli, the person who I see as a father figure. I opened the door for Aether as he giggled, "what a gentleman~" he said and kissed me on the forehead, I blushed. I turned around the corner into the usual room he eats at, not expecting what I'd see next...

Childe, the 11th Fatui Harbinger and Zhongli were kissing? Zhongli was sitting on top of Childe on the table while whispering things to him in his relaxing low voice, my hands were trembling, "DO NOT HURT MY LORD!" I said aggressively and grabbed Zhongli pulling him away from that Fatui scum, "Xiao, relax, Childe is my lover" he said, I was shocked, but I didn't want to question his choices, "Very well, I apologise sir" I said and bowed my head. "Uh, this is Aether, and uh, we're dating" I said still looking down to the floor, I suddenly felt a warm embrace, both Aether and Zhongli were hugging me, "That's great, congrats Xiao" he said softly and petted my hair, he gave me a wink before I left with Aether. "Xiao, how did you not hear that Zhongli was dating Childe?" Aether asked me while we walked, "It practically spread like wildfire when they announced it" he shrugged. I sighed, "I do not concern myself with personal matters of others, however I'm very protective of Re- Zhongli, so sometimes I overreact, but in the end, it is his choice, I have to respect that, since I cannot do anything about it" I said carefully. "I understand," Aether said and squeezed my hand reassuringly. He then looked at me cheekily, "cute little shortie~" he said and caressed my cheek, "who are you calling short?" I said teasingly and pinned him to a nearby wall, "woah Xiao~" Aether said suggestively and played with my hair, I pulled him in for a kiss again as I felt that feeling of happiness again, I vowed in my heart I would protect him at all costs, I have finally found my happiness.