Heartbreak [Ayaka x Lumine]

Lumine POV: 

"Y-You...you used me..." I say in a hurt and weak voice as I looked at the woman I once loved, "you acted nice so you can get my help, I-I was there... but when I need help... you-you weren't there..." my hand trembles as I raise my arm to slap Ayaka across the face but then I pause, I exhale and place my hand back down to my sides. "Lumine..." she began moving a bit closer to me, "NO!" I explode, "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT, I COULD OF DIED TO THE MUSOU NO HITOTACHI! JUST... JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" tears fill up my eyes as I turn and run. I don't know where I'm going... just somewhere away from her. I've run for several hours before my feet ached so much small bruises began to form, my breathing became heavy and came out in jagged gasps, I find myself on the beach near Konda Village. The wet sand cling to my shoes as the cold ocean air whips my face, my dry tears cling to my face,  small salt crystals form on my face. I remove my shoes and step into the cold waters of Inazuma, I took a small glimpse of my reflection in the water, my eyes has lost it's light and my hair is a mess, I slip off the bracelet Ayaka once gave me on our first date I hold my gaze on the bracelet for a few moments before scrunching my nose and I throw it into the ocean. I watch as a small water ripple is created as soon as the bracelet makes contact with the unforgiving waves. I head back into my teapot and I flop on my bed, my heart is heavy... tears won't stop falling from my eyes, I bury my face into the pillow and I cry my heart out soon my sobs slow down and I fall asleep...exhausted. 

"Travelerrrrrrr... Paimon's bought you sticky honey roast!" My eyes flutter open to see the sun stroking my cheek as Paimon brings me a plate of the most delicious Mondstadt delicacy. "Thanks..." I say tiredly and begins digging into the food. "Paimon's not sure what happened... but being sad over it won't help, you need to keep your chin up and be confident" she scratches her head a bit, my eyes flicker and a small smile forms on my face. "You're actually not entirely useless" I say cheekily, "Grrr!" Paimon stomps her foot before flying back to the exterior of the teapot. After I finish the food, I splash my face with cold water and take a few deep breaths, I fix on a winning smile and I head off to check in with Katheryne. I approach the Adventurer's Guild, "Ad astra abyssosque! Today your commission is to clear out excess weeds and pick sakura blooms around the Grand Narukami Shrine with Ms Kamisato" as soon as the words leave her mouth my throat tightens, I shake off the thought before nodding and waving goodbye. I had to face her again... I'm not sure if I'm ready.  

I teleport to the Grand Narukami Shrine and immediately was met by the sight of Ayaka, who was hiding her face behind her fan and refused to meet my eye, "Uh...hey" she said timidly. I ignored her and started to pick out the excess weeds, she watched me for a bit before joining me, we worked our way down in pin drop silence. I use electro to zap a few sakura blooms on the way down. After 45 minutes, everything was cleared and I reported back to Katheryne, Ayaka trailed on about 2 metres behind me. "Thank you Traveller!" Katheryne says and hands me 30 primogems and some enhancement materials, I smile and wipe the sweat off my forehead. I began to walk away before Ayaka caught my hand, I turn around and I could see the sadness in her eyes, "Lumine... I'm sorry..." she says looking down, I squinted. Was she really being sincere? "I...I was wrong I should have protected you instead of holding back, I should have stopped being so shy and caught up in my past... please forgive me?" a small tear slides down her soft rosy cheeks. Even if I was still a bit mad, I hated seeing her cry, I give her a warm embrace, "I-I forgive you..." I say quietly in her hair. Ayaka holds onto my waist tighter "I miss you..." she says between small sobs, Paimon's wise words echoes in my mind again, I straighten up a bit before saying "Ayaka..." I hold her face gently in my hands, "there's no point in being sad over it if it's not going to do anything, keep your chin up and be strong! Lets go to the festival on Amakane Island, how does that sound?" she looks up at me with a cute little smile and nods. 

When the night falls as the moon glows brightly in the inky midnight sky, I make my way to Amakane Island while holding Ayaka's hand tightly. Little stalls were set up and the lanterns were lighting up a path all the way to the top, colorful decorations were draped over the sakura trees as the pale pink petals gently float down. "Lets start from the bottom then!" I say as I lead her to a man selling masks, the man instantly recognised her "Ms Kamisato! It is my pleasure to finally meet you in person, please take a mask for you and your companion, on the house!" he hands the two of us a Japanese cat-like mask, I place it gently on my head as Ayaka copies. We thank the kind man as we continue making our way up the island,  "Fortune slips! Find out your fortune!" calls a merchant nearby, I glance over at Ayaka and she gives me a small nod. "Hello! We'd like to give this a try" she says, "Oh! Ms Kamisato, please go right ahead, on the house!" Ayaka blushes a little and smiles at the merchant before drawing a slip, I draw one as well. "What did you get?" I ask, "Life moves on whether you like it or not, make the most of it with the ones you love" she says, her eyes scanning the small slip. I look down at mine, surely we got the same one "I see! I have the same one as you!" she chuckles. "What great fortune! Congratulations you two!" the merchant says cheerfully. 

Suddenly a mouth watering aroma fills the air, "is that... Inazuman treats?" I say out loud, as I move closer to the direction the aroma was coming from. "Yes indeed, go ahead and pick what you like!" Ayaka says as we approach the stall, "Ah! Ms Kamisato and the traveller! What can I get you two?" I take a quick look at the menu "Two portions of sakura mochi please!" I say, "Sure!" Ayaka and I arrive at the very top of the island where a panoramic view of both the city and the suburban side of Narukami Island lays before us. "Wow..." I say quietly, Ayaka pulls me close to her and I could smell her naku weed and sakura perfume, I give her a small kiss. It was quick and abrupt, but it spoke louder than words. We both loved each other, our love was unbreakable, it could not be replicated. "I enjoy spending time with you Ayaka" I say softly into her ear, "Me too... I love you Lumine... I will pray for both you and your brother before dinner" I smile. Aether... wherever you are, I hope you are experiencing the same happiness I am.