A Visit To Snezhnaya [Zhongli x Childe]

NOTE: This one is just plain random, it might not make sense, but there we go.

Childe POV:

"Childe~" Zhongli says gently as the wind in Liyue Harbor blows, I turn around not expecting him to be right behind me, our faces were so close one small push and we'd kiss. His eyes widened a little when realising the position we're in, I'd say it's quite intimate. Suddenly, a trolley brushes past Zhongli knocking him forward, his lips meet mine as I grab onto him so he doesn't fall, I quickly push him upright.

"U-uh Mr Z-z-z-zhongli!" I said nervously, I was blushing so hard, I had fallen for him... hard, "d-did you need something?" I said, gosh I wanted to mentally and physically die. He seemed to blush too, "Ah, uh, yes Childe, I have a few questions to ask you, why don't we discuss this over a meal at Wanmin's?" he asked, trying for a smile.

"Is that your excuse for me to pay again?" I said jokingly, punching him gently in the chest, "No, surprisingly" he said and I stopped to look at him, he then pulled out a leather wallet from his pocket, "I've brought mora this time!" he beamed. "I'm proud of you!" I said, as I took a seat.

"So, what was it that you wanted to ask?" I fidgeted with my fingers under the table, is he mad at me or something? He looked a little shy.

"Childe, are you in love with someone?" he looked directly into my eyes. My heart skipped two beats as my head felt dizzy, I felt my cheeks burn again, and I started to shake like a leaf. He seemed to notice my sudden rush of anxiety, he brought me into an embrace, I jolted, my heart was doing flips and somersaults, it beat so hard and so loudly, I swear the whole of Teyvat could hear and feel it.

"Is it me, Childe?" he said quietly into my hair, I bashed my face into his shoulder. "W-w-w-well hahahaha...yes" I said in a voice that didn't sound like myself. He smiled.

"You know Childe, you're the only mortal who ever pushed me as far as falling for them" my heart leapt to my throat, "what?" I replied looking into his seducing amber eyes. "Yes, you make me so happy, can we be an item?" my mind rushed with thoughts. That was a fast process, yet I couldn't just pass on an opportunity like this, WITH A GOD.

"Of course, I haven't forgotten those chopsticks you gave me," I said and gently kissed him on the neck.

The next morning, I received a letter from my younger brother Teucer, it read, "Dear Brother, I miss you a lot! Tonia and Anton have as well, they've been saying your name over and over in their sleep, Mr Cyclops wants you to come visit soon too! I promise I've been on my best behaviour! Maybe bring that Mr Zhongli you've been talking about along too? Love from your favourite brother Teucer", I smiled at the letter. I decided to inform Zhongli about it, "what a wonderful idea" he says, slipping a hand in the slit of my Fatui uniform, "Z-zhongli! We're in public" I hissed, he seemed to not hear as he continued to explore while humming. I grabbed his hands and pinned him to the nearby wall, his face first registered shock then he smirked. I smirked back, "somebody got a little too naughty there" I said softly tracing my finger along his jawline, I kissed him passionately until I heard someone say "Xiao, don't look..." I looked up to see the traveller covering Xiao's eyes, "Oops~" I said pretending to apologise. Zhongli seemed slightly embarrassed but he quickly went back to his calm composure.

"Traveller, is something the matter?" he asked, Aether looked like he was about to have a mental breakdown after what he just saw. He shook his head and ran off. Double oops.

Later in the afternoon, the ship to Snezhnaya arrived at the ports, "Come on Zhongli sensei!" I said as I took his hand and ran excitedly to the ship, "Hahah, calm down Childe!" he said, picking up the pace.

"Who might this gentleman be Master Childe?" asked one of the recruits as we took a seat, "This is Mr Zhongli, consultant at the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, he is visiting my family with me" I said and gave Zhongli a smile, he gave me a small smile and squeezed my hand. I think that recruit noticed it or something because his tone entirely changed, "A-ah yes of course-" then he left abruptly. Weird. The trip takes 6 hours long, so I stared out the window at the dark blue seas, and the seagulls circling the air. About 3 hours into the trip, I felt something heavy on my shoulder. I looked down to see Zhongli snoring away, I snorted, who knew an archon would actually snore? I took off my scarf and wrapped it around his neck as I soon fell asleep too.  I was awoken by the shivering cold temperatures, brrrrr... I opened my eyes slowly and just about made out the ports of Snezhnaya, I gently shook Zhongli awake and went to the closet to find a thicker coat. As the closet door swung open, a gust of dust blew in my face, I coughed and spluttered, as soon as the dust cleared, I rummaged around, and only found one coat, that was particularly large, this must be General Roger's coat, he's quite the big fella. He wouldn't mind if I borrowed it right? After all, my parents and his parents are the best of friends. I dusted the coat off and headed back into the cabin where Zhongli was, "Zhongli sensei, I could only find one coat, we're probably going to have to share it" I said blushing furiously, he chuckled. "I do not mind at all~".

I put my left arm in one of the sleeves, and Zhongli put his right arm in the other. We tried our best to do up the buttons, it was difficult as we had to communicate well since I'm only using one of my hands and he is only using one of his. Eventually, the buttons were done up, and we slowly walked off the boat in order to not trip, I caught a glimpse of us in the metal doors and I felt like a snowball... Zhongli and I slowly made our way up to the family cottage. Soon, we arrived at the family cottage, light snow dusted the edges of the roof like icing sugar on a cupcake. The door burst open as Teucer excitedly hugged me, "Brother! Come in! We've made Snezhnayan treats for you and Mr Zhongli!". He tugged on my sleeve as I went inside giggling.

I took the huge coat off and hung it by the fireplace, I took a look at the table, there were so many childhood treats I really missed having, "so this is the Mr Zhongli you've been writing about" said Teucer curiously, "you always sound so happy when talking about him, remember that one time where you said 'he's just so adorable and perfect, aaaa I love him so much' I hardly ever see you like that broth-" I coughed loudly and distinctly, why was he saying all this in front of Zhongli? How embarrassing. I blushed before saying, "Teucerrrr... less talking more eating-" Zhongli blushed too then chuckled, "it seems you really have taken a liking towards me" he said and caressed my cheek gently, I said nothing but kissed his hand.

After the meal, Teucer went to scout camp. I waved goodbye as I watched Teucer embark on an adventure of his own. Zhongli took my hand and whispered, "want to go ice bathing?". I choked on my saliva, did he just- "H-huh?" I said, instantly feeling butterflies in my stomach, he looked so smug I wanted to kiss him, and that's what I did.
We made our way down to the water, I watched as the lazy ocean hugs the shore, even nature can love. I removed my shirt and dived into the icy cold water, then coming up for air, my ginger hair fell splat on my forehead, I pushed it away with style. I swear, I saw Zhongli getting a nosebleed. He too took his shirt off, but then immediately shivered, "C-c-c-childe..." he stuttered, "Come on! Have a bit of fun sensei!" I said and dragged him in the water, "CHILDE!" he said in shock at the cold water. I swam around him in circles until he cupped his hands and collected some water and splashed it in my face. "Hey!" I said and splashed him back playfully, soon it turned into a water fight, Zhongli threw watery blades at me while I used my hydro vision and threw water hearts at him. In the end, we both panted for breath while being totally drenched in icy Snezhnayan water.

"That was fun!" I said and gave him a grin, he grinned back. We went to the nearest shed and got changed, as we walked back up to the family cottage, I spotted that recruit again, he quickly ducked out of view, psht...

Soon, both of us were snug and warm, we gathered around the crackling fireplace while sharing hot chocolate, I stared into his amber eyes as he stared into my ocean blue ones. I felt grateful, the Geo archon chose me, it could have been anybody else, but it was me... I smiled to myself as I watched a lone snowflake fall from the sky into the pavement below.