H-huh?! [Yelan x Shenhe]

Yelan POV:

It was late afternoon, I was walking up Mt Hulao to investigate on the abyss order, recently I've been getting reports saying that the activity there is pretty active, I wanted to see if there's any evidence, or is this just a huge prank trying to panic the Qixing... I made my way up the stairs and heard a noise, I quickly paused and crouched down low and slowly tip-toed behind a rock, "Gang gang woo~" it was the sound of an abyss mage! I peeked from behind the rock, there was a lady with white-greyish hair done in a huge plait wearing traditional Chinese clothes that show off her figure, her eyes shine like the rainbow but I could see, even from a distance they scream loneliness and sadness, suddenly a pyro abyss mage came charging at her it waved it's wand and began summoning fire waves, without flinching she struck the abyss mage with a strong blast of cryo, but it had only damaged it's shield just a bit. She didn't stop, she continued to fight but cryo was doing very less damage on the shield, overtime I saw her exhaustion kicking in, just then 3 more pyro abyss mages showed up, I could see the panic in her eyes. I couldn't just sit there... I jumped out from my hiding spot behind the rock and super sonic ran around the abyss mages wrapping them up in my hydro strings. When I see them suffocating I suddenly snap my string and they get flicked into the air and get bashed on the floor lifeless. I breathed heavily and turned to her, she was sitting on the floor taking in what on earth just happened, "Are you alright?" I asked, her face seemed frozen in time, "M-mommy? Sorry, mommy?" she said quietly, I was confused, but then I got what she meant. I wrapped her wrists with my hydro strings and pulled her close, her face just inches apart from mine, "Call me mommy again and I'll let you go scot free~" I said smirking, "Mommy~" she said softly, her warm breath brushed against my face, I blushed a little, I loosened the strings and we parted ways.

When I finally arrived back into the harbour, it was already nighttime, hardly no one was out, just an occasional stroller and merchants closing their shops, I guess it's my time to call it a night too, I went back to my apartment and laid down on my bed, closed the lamp, and tried to catch some Zs. The following morning, I was woken up by multiple pebbles being thrown at my window, ping... ping... ping... I tried to ignore it but it soon became more persistent, ping...PING... PiNg... pInG... oh god, I dragged myself out of bed as my hair was still a mess, I stared outside the window, it was that lady from yesterday, huh. I gave her a little wave and signalled for her to wait, she nodded. I quickly straightened my hair and went to the front door to meet her, "Hey!" I said, "can I help you?" I saw a tiny blush on her cheeks, "Shenhe" she said, "What?" I asked confused, "My name, it's Shenhe," she said, staring right at me, "Oh, Yelan" I said, shaking her hand. Suddenly, her grip on my hand tightened as she pulled me forward and my face crashed into her chest. I looked up at her completely shocked and flustered, she just smiled sweetly at me and kissed me on the lips. I felt all my sanity being drained out of me, "W-whoa! What are you doing?!" I said steadying myself, "Kissing you obviously, you've caught my eye Yelan, and I know I have caught yours~" she says softly while bringing me into an embrace. I thought for a while as she petted my hair, she was right, if I didn't care about her or have some sort of feeling towards her, I wouldn't have come forward and exerted my energy to save her, would I? "You're...right" I managed to choke out, she doesn't look too surprised, "Yelan, let me take you to a special adeptus cave, it can help two people gather information about each other without constantly asking each other and wasting time" she said and took my hand and went to the nearest teleport waypoint.

Soon, we arrived at the foot of Mt Aocang, "It's this way" she said pointing to her left, as we walked around the mountain, I saw cranes glide gracefully in the air and swans swimming in the nearby lakes, how pretty... just like Shenhe~ wait, what was I thinking? I had really fallen in love. Not long later, there was a cave with jagged rocks everywhere. I doubted if it was going to be safe or not, "Is it safe?" I asked, "The adeptus has seeked shelter in this cave for the past 5000 years, it should be fine," she said, walking in without hesitation. I followed, the water dripped down from the roof hitting the ground as the sound of the water echoed through the cave, soon, we reached a dead end, Shenhe placed her hand on the rock, the rock begun to glow with a Chinese pattern, "Yelan put your hand on the other one" she gestured to the rock beside hers, I placed my hand on the cold smooth and slightly moist surface, as I felt my brain go all muffled, then suddenly clear. My brain felt quite light as new information flooded in, I looked over at her and she seemed to be impressed, "Wow Yelan, I never knew you were such a badass" she said slightly shocked, "So are you!" I replied , "Badass women STICK together" I declared as we kissed again in the cave. 

We were suddenly interrupted by a voice, "One observes the two of you have a very good relationship" we immediately pulled apart to see Cloud Retainer making her way slowly into the cave, "C-cloud retainer!" Shenhe says flustered, "Don't worry young one" she says reassuringly, "One won't pry, one is just happy to see you finally find your happiness" Shenhe places a hand on her heart, "You're right, I did find my happiness" I watched as her sad eyes glow happiness, internally I cried happy tears and promised to keep that happiness in her eyes. We said farewell to Cloud Retainer as we held hands and exited the cave, the warm sunshine wrapping around the two of us as we soak in the brightness, "Together..?" I said looking at her to finish my sentence, "Forever~" she said smiling, I felt a burst of joy erupt inside me, I looked up into the skies to see two cranes swoop and dive in a synchronised pattern, they found each other, just like Shenhe and I.