chapter eight

The tension in the room was uncomfortable, and I was still dangling from Rouge's shoulder.

"Put me down," I growled. He dropped me on the ground, and I landed with an 'oomph'. I pushed myself off the floor and walked over to where the girls were standing quietly.

"Hey," Kenzie whispered to me. I small smiled and looked down at their outfits. They were in the same dress as me except the color; Kenzie's was a mint color, and Sarah's was pale yellow. We all wore off white slippers.

"They are beautiful," the man said, trekking towards us. He towered over us as he took Sarah's hand and placed his lips upon it then did the same to Kenzie's.

"Forget it," I said, not bothering to hide my disgust. He stood up straight before back handing me. I let out an ear splitting shriek and held my cheek. Silent unwanted tears slid down my face.

"I am not my brother or his friends; I will not put up with your attitude. Lose it. Understood?" he said looking into my eyes. I looked away from him. "Understood?" he repeated, venom dripped from his words. I nodded.

"Um, girls, go make dinner," Ace said to Sarah. She cringed, but obeyed. Kenzie was quick to follow, and I was right behind her.

"What the hell?" Sarah loudly whispered to me. I shrugged and walked to the fridge, but she grabbed my shoulder, "I'm not trying to be a bitch, I just don't want you to get hurt." She sounded genuine and I nodded. We were quiet as we made dinner; it was cheese casserole.

The boy's walked in laughing, and Riz came up behind Kenzie and whispered something in her ear. I could tell it wasn't good because tears formed in her eyes and her breathing hitched. I stood in horror as he grabbed her butt in front of everyone.

"Kenzie, Sarah, I need some help with setting the plates," I said trying to get Riz away from her. It worked, and he reluctantly let her go. She sniffed and wiped her damp cheeks. Sarah gave her a look, but Kenzie just shook her head. I bit my tongue from saying something I'd regret.

"Hurry," Rouge said impatiently. We did as told, and brought them their plates before fixing ours. As usual, Kenzie and Sarah sat on 'their' guys' lap. I stayed standing at the counter, eating there. Rouge cleared his throat, obviously not liking my stubbornness.

"I got it," River said when Rouge started to get up. I turned so that my back was on the counter so I could look at him walk over to me. "I thought we had an understanding?" he asked when standing right in front of me. My heart raced as I clenched my sweaty hands into fists.

"You-you thought wrong," I stuttered. Regret quickly washed over me and in one swift motion, he slammed my head into the counter, and I slumped down onto the floor, disoriented. I saw three of him and then three of Kenzie as she stood on her knees in front of me. I felt her stroke my hair and move it out my face. She gasped, and I tried to ask her what was wrong, but all that came out was a groan. I felt my body being lifted from the floor and carried carefully down the hallway. Everything was dizzy, and I tried to ask why, but I couldn't form words. It was as if my tongue was numb.

"You're okay," I heard Sarah mumble and felt her grasp my hand. She kept saying things like 'I'd be fine' and 'everything is okay'. The pounding in my head melted into confusion. I was layed on a bed, and suddenly I couldn't see, everything went grey and weary. I fell into a restless sleep as I felt a tear escape.

~~~~~~~~~~

Rouge's point of view:

"Hurry," I said to the girls causing them to rush and bring our food over. Afterwards, they made their plates. Kenzie and Sarah walked over and sat where they always do, but Blakely stayed at the counter, standing whilst eating.