Chapter 22 - Who was outside my door?

Start from the beginning

"Don't lie to me!"

"I had a really bad nightmare about you," I murmured, not once leaving my face away from his chest.

"What was it about?" he asked.

"Nothing," I repeated. I could tell it was getting him aggravated.

"Tell me."

"No," I weeped, stubbornly.

"Please?" I didn't know what to say. I knew very well that he was still oblivious to the internet information about his family. He, who could kill thousands of lives, by being just one immortal, can kill anyone. Even his own child. One lives, one dies. The only son with him is already living to the fullest, no doubt on that because he is evil, I'm well aware. But he, who is nice and lives to please others, is with me right now. As in, with a Rare Blood. And the nice one always has to die according to the evil ones.

If I could find the stone, everything would be alright. I would present superior powers to Justin and no one could ever hurt him. I brought my face up to him and looked him deep into his eyes even through the dark.

"Someone hurt you really bad and took you away from me," I easily said, wiping my tears away. To my surprise, Justin chuckled.

"Does it look like anyone has the potential to hurt me? Look at me, I could tear someone's head off easily." I managed to laugh but my laugh wasn't real. No normal vampire could ever hurt him, we all knew that. At least I knew that very well. But his father was a different story. I only hoped to god, I never meet his father or his other son. And I hoped to god Naismith could forget about Justin, his wife and daughters.

"You're right, conceited freak," I joked, kissing his cheek with my wet lips. His cheeks were smooth against my lips and I smiled.

"You drenched my shirt with your tears. Now I'm gonna have to take it off," He said, before actually taking it off and throwing it to the side. I gawked, through the complete darkness surrounding us. Was he really shirtless? I brought my hands up and traced a beeline to his chest. It was hard, bare and cold. I could literally feel his abs against my fingers and I grinned from ear to ear.

"You work out?" I asked, possibly the most stupidest question I could ever ask.

"Oh dear lord, someone help this child," He prayed, topping it up with a laugh he couldn't hold. I smacked his arm and my mouth went into another O dimension.

"I'm not a child!" I pouted.

"Yes you are!" He mocked. I smacked him again and rolled my eyes.

"Maybe to you yeah, you ancient freak!" I spat, muffling a laugh. Justin went completely silent and I felt like my I had said something so upsetting, I shouldn't have.

"Justin?" I called out, my heart beating into a rapid increasing beat. Justin didn't move, nor said anything. He was just sitting there, starring at me through the darkness. What scared me was that it was too dark for me to even see his face. It looked like a big status sitting in front of me, starring at me. My heart, literally, felt like jumping out of my chest and my body clenched up. I was too scared to move.

"Justin, you're scaring me. Okay, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that! Justin?" This time, I reached out to touch him. But before I touched him..

He was gone.

Vanished like thin air. Now, I panicked. I didn't say anything but just remained there, statue. I was too scared to move. If this was his silly joke, I would never forgive him. Couple long seconds had passed before any progress. I finally looked around but couldn't find out his shadow anywhere. Although, there were shadows after shadows around me and I tried to picture him through it. It was just too dark.

"Justin? Stop, this isn't funny anymore. I'm scared!" I begged, looking around again. Still again, there was no progress. The darkness was just killing me. I couldn't help but get up. I don't know where I got such courage in me but I had managed to get up. I looked around again and this time, I froze. Like a sold statue, when something behind me blew on my neck, sending shivers down my spine. I turned around to catch Justin doing that but there was no one there.

Just when I was about to run out the door, something caught my eye. Two burning red eyes just outside my bedroom door. They were like..on fire. And with the eyes stood a shadow..a black long shadow. I saw it..even though the darkness. I slammed my door shut and stepped back.

Please be Justin, please be him...I chanted to myself.

But it definitely wasn't.

I found myself screaming as something or someone, using their inhuman speed, pulled me off of my feet, pushing me onto the bed. I screamed and covered my face as I hit my bed. My mind went dizzy and my heart went into a frenzy attack.

"Hey, baby, it's okay! It's me!" Justin whispered. I had my face covered, too scared to move. I looked at my door and looked back at him.

I didn't yell, hit or scream at him like I should have.

"J-Justin..wha-were you outside the d-door?" I managed to spit out. Justin kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry baby, I shouldn't have scared you that way. But you called me an ancient freak so I had to do that," He smiled. I didn't buy it. My heart was still attacking me.

"A-answe-answer me."

"No. I was actually trying to scare you a little bit by hiding behind your bathroom door. Why?" He asked, pushing my hair away from my eyes.

My face went pale.

...Who was outside my door?