Chapter 38 The groom's parents

It could only be Gun who took care of the floral decorations in the garden of their estate. He accepted no backtalk from the start and wanted complete secrecy. The four grooms were to be surprised how he would create the Eden of their marriage for them.

All day long Gun has been whirling around and receiving the ordered deliveries.

The few guests arrive at 5 pm and an hour later they welcome the four grooms to their wedding.

Off guards the four young men at Neo's home for the duration.

Excited tension and a professor with an emotionally shaky soul.

"Mark, you don't have to button the top button of your shirt in this weather. You're getting married, not going to an interview!" his foster father taps him on the shoulder.

"Yes I do, that's exactly what it feels like!", Mark replies and now gets Gem's attention too, "I have to sell myself perfectly today for him to pick me!", he looks at himself seriously in the mirror.

"Thank you so much for sharing your day with us!", Gem repeats his eternal gratitude.

And Mark's loving smile is interrupted by Off.

"It's really very important that Fourth and you steal the show today. Who wants to see such a pious groom?" he points at Mark's blue suit and laughs.

"That's very mean!", Gem puts his hand around Mark's shoulder, "You look very handsome!", he comforts his brother.

But Mark is still marvelling at his P'Off, who seems to be particularly mean today.

His role model and professor must have some pressure on his soul.

And only his passive-aggressive nature can show itself to him.

And Off's eyes carry a deep veil that Mark is not yet able to understand.

"You look very well too!" he smiles at Gem in his beige linen suit, "And please understand at last that it is a joy from my heart to celebrate a double wedding with you today," he nods at him, "We are connected, can't you feel it?", Poseidon directs his words to his brother Zeus.

And as he does so, he buttons the top three buttons of his white linen shirt.

"Don't show so much chest! Fourth won't like it, brother!" he makes Gem grin.

"I'm telling you! I lose my pious son to that muscle mountain!", Off grumbles with a grimace on his face, "Both sons I lose! The pious one and the giant!" he rolls his eyes, "And you two need to get back to the land of denial so badly!" he scolds Gem.

And finally Off is understood by his foster son.

"Papiiiiiii!", Mark stretches the I especially long, "We won't get lost after all!", he smiles touched, "And why am I the pious one please? That doesn't fit at all!" he looks for confirmation in Gem's astonished eyes.

Gem can only gulp.

Some father-son thing is going on.

And he's not experienced at it, unfortunately.

He longs for Fourth so much.

Why does he have to get dressed in the next room with Neo?

Why can't his second half explain to him what's going on right now?

Fatherly advice.

Fatherly love.

Only on Fourth's lips can he give justification to this non-existent instance in his life.