Chapter 6 Poseidon

A luminary stands up front.

Professor Off Jumpol, the grand master of architecture, addresses the exchange students selected this year in the large lecture hall at Auckland University of Technology.

A great man with Thai roots, he is celebrated in the media worldwide for his outstanding projects and buildings.

Charming and brilliant.

And so booked, it's an honor to hear him speak in person today.

Three tutors stand behind him like his bodyguards, smiling at the master's students assembled from around the world.

Their job is to guide the chosen, talented students for a year and nurture their skills.

Professor Jumpol's teaching philosophy is one of clear holism.

"Ladies and gentlemen, fellow students, I would like to point out that in every science, in every discipline, it is all about the point of view!" Fourth was inspired by the words of his great role model already during his bachelor studies in Bangkok, "In order to make progress in a big way, the points of view of all cultures should be consulted. As colorful as humanity is, bundled together, the white light shines and shows science the right way!", Fourth admired the professor's speech in a video recording via Youtube.

And even then, Gem always reacted jealously when Fourth was on other men's lips.

While he always urged Fourth to choose first a girl, then the many women, he could not stand it when the male sex, approached his friend.

A nasty, sadistic jealousy always made him tease Fourth then.

Fourth was teased that he had a crush on Professor Jumpol.

He must have a father complex.

Be so naive and predictable.

He hung on Professor Jumpol's every word and thought everything he said was right.

And in this case, Fourth could only say yes.

The projects of this master included the diversity of humanity.

A love for all colors and shapes was evident in the products created each year in his exchange project.

"Yes, I hang on his lips. Every word I want to inhale!", Fourth just murmured back, enjoying Gem's flaming eyes.

Their friendly play.

Their fun, possessive moments.

Fourth felt a sad ache in his soul.

Gem.

He looks around the large lecture hall.

So many people.

And he misses Gem so much.

If only everything were settled.

"Here in New Zealand, we want to create a joint project of all cultures. They should all bring their own perspectives and incorporate their traditions and values!", Professor Jumpol's voice snaps Fourth out of his thoughts.

Yes.

That's why he's here.

Colorful students of the world are working on a collaborative project while attending two semesters of master's studies at the university.

That's why he wanted to go to New Zealand with Gem.

"Let's join the exchange!", Fourth's eyes lit up when he showed Gem all the flyers and information, "Imagine we can work together on a house of all cultures. Building it with our own ideas and hands," he was completely fascinated by the thought.