Chapter 23 Fixed Roles

"Where's Mark?" asks Gem quietly when he finally finds Pi Gun in the kitchen, "I want to talk to him and thank him!" he shares, getting a glare from the shorter, older householder.

"What do you want to thank him for?", Gun prefers to make sure.

And his serious, deep gaze is returned by Gem with a respectful manner.

"He's the reason I finally came to my senses and stopped denying myself. He showed me how I feel and explained to me how to prioritize. Mark brought a turnaround that I want to thank him for," the reformed Bad Boy explains in a sincere voice.

Gun smiles at first, then shakes his head.

"That sounds good, Nong Gem!" he pats him on the shoulder, "I'm very happy for you and Fourth. But you'd better leave Mark alone for now!", Gem suddenly stands even tighter, "He's a proud man with the attributes of Poseidon. And his ambitions toward Fourth were sincere and of a deep nature," Gun looks into the petrified, obedient face of the big Nong before him.

He met so many different people in his life.

Experienced ups and downs of human destinies.

And last but not least, his relationship with Off enriched his knowledge of human nature with such far-reaching insights.

Gun quickly recognizes who indulges in prescribed roles.

Who is shaken by the urge to conform to a socially demanded norm.

So many taboos and boundaries assign people to each other in groups.

Gun has always been the creative spirit who was not guided by fixed roles.

A small, beautiful man.

Tender and strong at the same time.

Smart and playful.

And at the side of a handsome and successful giant.

Off Jumpol immediately gained a dimension of his own in Gun's soul.

His tall, wiry stature paired with a cool, eloquent spirit.

A treat for Gun and numerous others of every gender, every color.

And no matter how many times Off broke his little Gun's heart with his dismissive coolness,

Gun's eyes saw in him true purpose.

Fixed roles of society kept Off from listening to his soul for so long.

And his best friend looked closely at his chains.

Gun has a very intuitive and refined knowledge of human nature.

He sees people free from their fixed roles.

He recognizes the free soul behind the walls of their behavior.

A small, beautiful man with the gift of free sight stands before the Bad Boy and recognizes.

Courtesy and gratitude.

True love for his best friend.

And the greatness to thank the man who opened his eyes as a rival.

Gem listens to Pi Gun's words and understands.

Mark needs his time.

He wants to give him this before addressing him.

The Bad Boy knows how to behave.

His best friend and soulmate gladly took on the role of his guardian for life.

Gem grew up in a dreamlike, large mansion and lacked nothing purchasable.

Only the unconditional love and strictness of a mother was missing in the lonely house of his childhood.