Mí amor. -Alejandro-

Fluff bc why not? Also probably not completely accurate but suck my d bro i tried 🤷🏻
______________________________________

It was the slow coming end of the difficult mission in Las almas.

One man on the entire taskforce had been more caught up in dumbass bullshit than anyone else.

That man is Y/n L/n. A trustworthy soldier who lets his anger blind him, constantly using excessive measures on the battle field to keep himself and just about everyone he cares about safe.

Fuck, even people he hates he'd help out, sure he'd think about killin' 'em but what's the sense in just killing someone when you can just let them suffer here on earth long enough with what haunts them?

-Second person pov-

You were sitting on a less than comfortable crate, thinking about random things, life and just about whatever you figured you'd never thought about before, from things like your career, to your slowly decending love life.

It wasn't something you thought about often but today you had zoned out, tuning everything around you out as you thought of things along the lines of this;

If you weren't exactly a good match for love before you definitely weren't now.

You had bullet wounds and multiple other scars from other weapons that just littered your body. None were exactly invisible on you either, your chest and upper body just being covered in the faint (skin tone) scars. You had one decent sized one over top the bridge of your nose, it wasn't exactly ideal but it was apart of your body now, you had to accept it.

Life will have its shitty moments and it'll have its good moments, but it seems like every thought or action of love you have felt or had meant nothing.

Sure you cared about people but what does that have to do with anything? You didn't exactly like your parents, siblings, or really anyone in your family, when asked how you were you never really put any real thought into it.

You'd just say you were fine and go do whatever, never really caring to listen to what anyone said. You ignored your teachers and oftentimes were suspended, as well as oftentimes having no true remorse for people you hurt.

So with that being said you never felt the need to apologize, or say you loved anyone. Not your partner, your family, your friends, not anyone. You grew up like that and never really grew out of it.

You sighed as you jumped down from the crate, tuning back into reality, you grabbed your gun once you got down.

You saw Alejandro, giving him a simple wave before walking out to meet the lieutenant and your sargent. Alejandro and Rodolfo following close behind you.

As you finally got to the Skull masked man you just stared at him and Soap. One hand in your pocket the other holding your gun beside your leg.

You felt an arm resting on your shoulder, it was Alejandro, 'of course' you rolled your eyes, you could always tell when Alejandro was near you, his hand always ends up on your shoulder, using you as an arm rest or just by the sound of his keys, they aren't loud but in a quiet area like during a briefing they are pretty noticable.

It would occasionally piss you off with how predictable some of Alejandro's mannerisms really are.

You listened to Soap and Ghost talk before they left for the Chopper. You walked away, Alejandro following as per usual.

"Ay, Lieutenant L/n!" His voice rang through your ears, that fucking voice.

You originally hated it, but it grew on you. He is your Colonel so you have to listen to him.

"Yes, Alejandro?" You turned to face him a bit, still walking, he sprinted up to be beside you.

"I've got a few questions for you amor." That nickname. That fucking nickname.

You clenched your jaw, tilting your head to the side in a disapproving way, "What's up?" You sighed. He wasn't gonna give up so you had to.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go grab drinks or something." He shrugged.

"I.. I'm sorry- What?" You looked at him, you were completely confused, mildly concerned.

"You know. Go out have some drinks, chat a bit." Alejandro smiled.

"Did Rudy put you up to this or something?" You questioned him.

He shook his head. "No, why would he? Plus I don't think there's anything wrong with going to grab a drink." His smile told everything.

He was being genuine.

"Fuck it, why not." You sighed.

A couple hours went by, you both got damn near blackout drunk laughing at random bullshit, you realized just how much you actually didn't mind Alejandro in the process.

"Alright amor. As much as i would like to continue to drink we have to head back to the base, no?" His voice didn't seem to mind you anymore.

Maybe, just maybe..

Alejandro isn't too bad.