Niti & Case - 4

Niti woke up in the morning after a knock sounded on the room door. He opened his eyes slightly dazed but still lay still to adjust his own body first. He had only slept for a few hours. Niti turned to look beside him and found Case still sleeping soundly with his face attached to the pillow and turned towards him, causing Niti to observe the face of the sleeping youth from up close.

(When sleeping, he is like a normal kid, but when he wakes up, he is terribly bad) Niti secretly thinks in his heart before frowning his brows together when he regains the memories of last night's events. Niti knew that he could not go back in time and fix anything. So what he has to think about was what to say or do next, after Case woke up. The knock on the door still sounded until Niti moved down from his bed to see who it was. He looked through the peephole and saw that it was Marut and Amorn which instantly made him a little stressed out. Turning to look at Case, he saw that the youth was still fast asleep so he opened the door only to peep through the gap as the chain held the door from opening completely.

"What's wrong Rut?" Niti asked.

"Did you just wake up?" Marut asked when he saw the look on his friend's face. Niti nodded in acceptance.

“It's already 9 o'clock, I didn't see you come down to the dining room, so I came to see you,” Marut said back and was also surprised that Niti didn't fully open the door to his room but he didn't ask anything.

“Sorry, I drank too much last night,” Niti replied in a normal tone then look at Amorn.

"So what's wrong with Khun Amorn?" Niti asked Amorn.

"It's Case. He didn't come down to have breakfast either. I went up and knocked on his room but it seems like he's not there. I just came down to meet Khun Marut. Then I learned that Khun Niti didn't come down either. That's why I came to see you as a friend," Amorn replied. Niti was a little silent.

“Khun Case is sleeping in my room. Just last night, he and I went to drink at the same restaurant. Then he got drunk a little too much. So I had to help him to get back. But I didn't know which room he is in. So I brought him to my room first," Niti lied back causing Marut and Amorn to look at each other puzzled.

"Is Khun Case sleeping in your room?" Marut asked again just to be sure.

“Um, I suspect he is very drunk. I haven't woken him up yet. Do you want me to wake him up?" Niti turned to ask Amorn who pondered about it for a moment.

“You don't have to. There is not much work to do today anyway. You can let Khun Case sleep for a day. And if he wakes up and wants something, Let him call me," Amorn replied and Niti nodded in agreement feeling relieved that Amorn didn't insist to come in and look at Case then.

“So, are you going to the site today?” Marut asked.

“Let's go in the afternoon. Let me take a look at the work," Niti replied because he wanted to wait for Case to wake up first.

"Oh, okay, uh... and what about Khun Case? Won't he fight with you? What if he wakes up and sees that he's in your room?" Marut asked curiously.

“No, he probably would know how much he got drunk last night?" Niti replied in a normal manner. Marut did not ask further questions before letting Niti close the door again. The tall man let out a small sigh of relief and walked back to the wide bed. He was lucky that they couldn't see the bed from the door. When he saw that Case hadn't woken up yet, Niti went to take a shower in the bathroom. At first, he thought he would continue to sleep but after talking to Marut and Amorn, his sleep drifted away.
...

...

...

Case slowly opened his eyes feeling some discomfort in his back. His eyes felt heavy from sleep and exhaustion as the hangover caught in. Case looked in a daze and saw only the wrinkled mattress, that's when he realized that he was lying on his stomach. He tried to turn over and lie on his back.