Chapter 30

“Fang, where are you going this morning?” Ken continued to ask in a weak voice when he saw that Fang did not answer him anything.

“Why do you ask?” Fang turned around and lashed out at Ken in a harsh tone. His eyes were quite red and puffy. Ken fell silent for a bit until Proud drove out of the house. Fang closed the door and then got into the car, ignoring Ken and Cha.

"Ken, get in the car," Cha called his friend in order to follow Fang. Ken immediately got in the car.

“Sigh,” Ken sighed lightly after getting into the car.

"What's up, are you tired? " Cha teased as his friend looked tensed.

“I'm not tired or discouraged, just thinking about the time when I was mean to Fang. I just came to understand how it feels now," Ken replied, and Cha didn't say anything. Ken drove to follow Fang and Proud to the morning market.

“I'm sure they're here to look for something to eat," Cha said and Ken nodded.

“Then let's go get some breakfast here,” Ken replied. He's not very picky when it comes to eating.

“Well, I'll walk and see those two too,” Cha replied, and the two of them hurriedly searched for a parking space and immediately followed Fang and Proud. Fang and Proud knew that Ken and Cha had followed them but they didn't give a damn about it.

"Should we go and have some lunch first?" Proud asked as he browsed the morning market which has many local foods to try on.

“Um, let's go,” Fang replied in a faint voice. He knew that Ken and Cha would surely follow them. When they arrived at a restaurant that sells curry and rice, Fang chose the side dishes that he wanted to eat. Then he saw that Ken and Cha had ordered a box of curry and rice to eat as well.

“you can pay for the food first. I'd better go buy something fresh to put in the refrigerator at home," Fang said, and Proud nodded in agreement before Fang walked the other way. Ken who always looked at Fang hurriedly told Cha to pay. Then he too walked separately following Fang as well. Ken wanted to walk beside him but didn't want Fang to be frustrated. So he followed him maintaining a slight distance between them so as not to make Fang feel very uncomfortable. Fang bought some fresh produce, vegetables and fruits. So Ken decided to walk in.

“Fang, let me help you carry it,” Ken said as Fang stopped to buy lemons. Fang did not turn to look at Ken at all. He treated him like he was a ghost, invisible to him. Ken then slowly tried to reach for the handle of the plastic bag that Fang was holding.

Thunder!!!!

Fang flicked to prevent Ken from holding it causing Ken to pause a bit and feel a lot of pain in his chest at being shown disdain by Fang like this.

“Fang, it's heavy, see, your hand and fingers are all red,” Ken continued. Fang gritted his teeth slightly and then turned to look at Ken with cold eyes

“I have been through a lot more than this. This is nothing in comparison to that,” Fang said in a flat voice which Ken knew very well that Fang was being sarcastic about what he had done to Fang on his private island before. Fang turned to pay for the lemons and walked straight to the soya bean shop that he wanted to visit. In addition to soy milk, this shop also has tea, coffee, Ovaltine and Patongo for sale along with a table and chair for people who want to sit and eat at the shop.

“Hello, Fang,” the shop owner's voice greeted him, who looked a bit older than Ken but looked pretty good overall when he saw Fang walk towards him. Fang gave the other person a slight smile. This made Ken feel agitated in his heart. But he didn't dare say anything.