Chapter Thirteen

Depuis le début

"Your dad still sleeping around?" Another girl says from behind me.

I clinch my jaw and tighten my fists on the tray. Years ago word got out the famous sports player Frank Storm sleeps around while he had a child to look after. He did but I was always his first priority before Bec came along.

"That's none of your business." I answer without turning around hoping they leave me alone.

"Like shouldn't you have personal trainers or something? This is a place for those learning and who want to play soccer for fun." She raises an eyebrow. I like soccer, what makes her think I'm here for anything else? "Is your dad too busy this holidays with another fling?" That's it!

"My family sponsors this place so you're lucky you can afford to come here. I'm not getting any special treatment so I don't know why you still try to make me leave." I glare at them and they scoff as they walk off.

"What's with them?" Ivan asks as he joins the line with me looking back at the people who were just standing where he is now.

"They don't like me." I answer bluntly.

"Why? You're awesome!"

"Ha ha thanks Ivan. Can't be everyone's friend." I move in the line and get served some green healthy burger and salad.

"I heard a rumour that you are well known here?"

"My family is one of the sponsors."

He looks at the banners around the room of the different sponsors. His eyes widen when he spots my families banner.

"You're the Storm? Related to Frank Storm?" His eyes look like they are going to pop out of his head!

"Yeah...he's my dad."

"How did I not see that before? That's awesome! Why didn't you say anything?" He asks picking up his tray.

"I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted to make friends. Real friends who won't just want to hang out because I have a famous athletic family." I tell him.

"Family? There's more?" Ivan's eyes widen.

"Rob Paris." I start my list of uncles.

"Whaaaat! The Hawks couch?!" He's grin widens.

"Griffin Storm, Myles Bolt..."

"You're kidding right?" I shake my head no. "You're killing me."

I hold back my laughter by biting my lip.

"Why do they have different surnames?" He asks as we take a seat at a table. He takes a bite of his burger with a face of disgust.

I take a breath before I start to explain. "My grandpa was well known with the media and sports association, owning a sports brand. He didn't want his children getting a lot of attention so he gave them different surnames and put them into different high schools. Only my dad, his sister and his eldest brother have the family name."

"Why do some have the same names and not others?"

"The eldest is going to run the company so he needed to have the family name. My dad is the youngest and grandpa didn't think he would get far but became the youngest athlete to be in more than one sport." I explain more. First time telling someone

"Makes sense. I get why you didn't say anything but I'm still gonna treat you like the dorks we are." Ivan nudges my shoulder.

"Thanks for that." I laugh and smile.

"No problem." He takes another bite of the burger. "What am I eating?!"

"Fake green meat."

"Ahhg!" Ivan spits it out and drinks some water.