Lay Me Down Chapter 44

Start from the beginning

“Good, do you know when you plan on going back to school?”  

“Yea, I want to start soon,” I told him. “So how is everything with you and Jenny going?” The waitress came back to the table and took our orders and I noticed that she showed interest in Jay.

“Great!” he said with a smile plastered across his face. Aw, he was so cute. “She asked her ex to move out. Her ex isn’t too happy but hell, he can go fuck himself and get over it. He wants her to think about it, so she said she would and  she kind of wants us to let things blow over first but, Jenny is mine now and I don’t plan on letting her go again.”  

I laughed at his possessiveness. The waiter came back and asked us-- well, more like asked Jay if he wanted anything. Jay laughed at the flirtatious moves. I was nothing but glad when she left the table. She came back minutes later with our food. The aroma filled my nostrils causing my mouth to water. Gosh, I was hungry.

“Do you need anything else,” the waiter asked standing right next to Jay. It was obvious that she wasn’t talking to me but I answered. She was just too overbearing.

“I need for you to stop flirting with my boyfriend,” I told her. She looked at me and gave me a disgusting look before walking away.

“What the hell was that?” Jay asked.

“What are you talking about?” I asked him as I popped some of the spaghetti into my mouth.

“You’re ruining my game.” 

“What? Jay, you got no game and I was doing you a favor. You are with Jenny now!“ 

“Jenny doesn’t mind if I test the waters,” he claimed.

“What? How can you say that? Jenny broke off a wedding engagement for you. Trust me, she will definitely mind if you try to test the waters. By the way, you better be ready to tie the knot because she was on her way to getting married. She’s going to expect you to propose to her within the next year.”  

“And how do you know all this?” 

“I just know things.” 

“Yea, whatever,“ he muttered before eating some more of his food. We finished up and headed back to Carter’s apartment and for some reason I was super nervous. I had the butterflies in my stomach and they just would not go away.

“Thanks for hanging out with me Jay,” I told him while hugging him sideways.

“No problem. I’m here whenever you need me."  He said giving me a wink and his winning smile.

“Aw . . . you are too sweet,” I said giving him another hug. 

He laughed. “Okay, okay, enough with the gushy stuff.” He opened the front door.