Chapter 30

A year later...

It has been 1 year since our wedding, life went as usual. I wake up then l eat breakfast and go to work and the same process repeated every day. I always had the loneliness inside the house since Aston wasn't here and Vernon ignores me everyday like he used to, but he even talked sometimes to me but now he doesn't do that to me anymore.

I leaned on the railings of the rooftop of the company, the fresh air warmed me up. The sky was perfect with white clouds wandering around and the sunlight kissed my face, it was bright but after some time it will sit down. The whole environment provided a warm scenery that is perfect for drawing. I looked at my cellphone and checked the time, Markus was supposed to be here in any minute, he asked me to meet up with him here for some reason.

I heard a door opening sound as l turned around to see Markus's figure in a suit. He looked handsome and formal then he walked towards with his hands behind him. "Hey Markus." I greeted him and he grinned from ear to ear at me, "Hey Bunny how are you?" He said and l told that l am doing well.

"Besides why did you call me here? And this early, we all the time meet at 5pm right?" I said and he shook his head, "Today is a special event so l didn't want to get late anymore." I raised my brows in confusion, what special events? "Hah, you're wondering now what's the special event right?" He grinned and l nodded.

"You don't need to be confused anymore for l am going to clear everything today." With that l became even more confused, what's there to clear about? "Lucia Verceline, l have met you in the old mall at the food court l used to work part-time when you were a mere university student but look at you now a rich CEO. With all those dates we have went on, l felt a different feelings towards you like more than friends. The business trip l went to, every night l thought about you nothing could distract me from you. I felt a obsession for you and l realized that l truly love you with my heart, l promise l will take care of you with my life Lucia. So give me a chance to love you and you will not regret it." What he said left me in shock.

I became speechless because of what he said, all these days l have lost my feelings for him and he is confessing now?!

Vernon's pov:

I entered the Verceline company, and went to the counter to know where Lucia's office is. Today l have decided to let her know about my true feelings and l don't want to get late anymore, l am dying to let her know that l truly love her with my life and my heart and am obsessed with her. I took the elevator and reached the floor where her office is.

I saw a woman sitting beside the door, maybe that's her secretary office. I went to her and said, "Hello? Is Lucia in her office?" The woman looked up and told, "No she went to the rooftop to get some fresh air." I nodded then took the stairs as the rooftop is just one floor above.

As l was about to enter the rooftop l heard some voices and that signalled me that it's Lucia's but a unfamiliar male responded her. "I love you Lucia please! Don't push me away!" I entered the rooftop with anger. I saw Lucia with a nervous face as she tried to back off because the man tried to come in front of her many times.

I ran to them and punched the man's face that caused him to fall on the ground. "Who are you?!" The man shouted and l scoffed, "Her husband man." His eyes widened in shock as my lips curved into a smirk. "Why too shocked?" I said and went to punch the man even more but Lucia tried to prevent me doing so by holding my arms, her warmth brought butterflies to my stomach as l stepped back.

"Stop Vernon! Please for god's sake!" She cried as she fell to her knees my eyes widened because of what l did. I hugged her knees and she pushed me away, "Vernon go away l will meet you at home." She mumbled and raised her head l nodded but pecked her lips for the last time before l went away.

"What?" The last thing l could hear from her before l got out from the buildings with tears in my eyes l really didn't wanted to cry but l guess she loves somebody else now because l hurt her with Agnes. Yes, l broke up with Agnes a few months ago because l am sure about my feelings towards Lucia.

...

Lucia's pov:

I entered inside the house with tired eyes, today has been so tired some. I tried to reject Markus many times but he refused to accept the fact that l am married so l apologized to him before l went away, l am too ashamed to face him so l blocked him on every social media.

I took off my shoes and saw Vernon watching TV with a serious face. I tapped on the wall several times to get his attention but he didn't care to look at me. I went towards him and tapped him on his shoulders and finally he looked up. "What?" He said and l smirked, "Don't act too innocent, now tell me the reason why you gave me a peck?"

He bit his lower lip and looked down. I chuckled as l held up his head to look at me and l got closer to him. "Why love?" I whispered and he cleared his throat then he cupped my face with his hands, "Of course because l love you?" He whispered back and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to his thigh.

"Wait what seriously?" I looked at him in shock and he proudly nodded. He touched my lips and met his lips with mine. I was extremely happy that l couldn't process anything firstly but then l kissed him back, it was passionate and his lips was soft. I felt fireworks inside me as l grinned at him, he pulled away and started playing with my hair strands. "You're so pretty and gorgeous even though you don't wear feminine clothes, l will love you always." He grinned from ear to ear and l followed him.

I hugged him tightly, l don't want to let go of him anymore. I started sobbing in his arms, "Do you know for how many months l have wanted to experience this moment?! You jerk!" I could hear his chuckles as l hit his chest. "I am sorry darling, my love. For being a jerk, for hurting you in many ways." He said and l let go off him. I tried to stand up but he kept pulling me to his lap, "Where are you going love-"

"You shouldn't be doing this Vernon." I cut him off and he looked at me in shock. "Why?", "You have a girlfriend for long Vernon! Why are you doing this!" I yelled at him and he shook his head. "I-", "l don't want to be a burden in your relationship Vernon! Please don't do this to her." I wiped my tears as l ran upstairs.

"Wait Lucia!"

...