Chapter 15

Now it's lunch time already, but l am here working still. It's stressful so much, and l have a meeting after the lunch time. I grabbed my hair and scanned the documents scattered in front of me.

"Miss.Verceline two people wants to meet you." My secretary entered the room and l looked up, "What? Who wants to meet me? Call them, Jade." Jade nodded and then left me.

The door opened suddenly and l saw Adrelina and Celina running towards me, my face lit up at the sight of my two best friends. "We wanted to surprise you girl! How are you?" Celina came to me and hugged me tightly and l returned the hug as well.

"I was good until morning, work is stressful." I sighed and Celina looked at me in pity. "Wow! You have the nicest office, l envy you. Besides you should take a break, you look hella tired." Adrelina said and l chuckled in pain. "Yeah! We should get lunch together to recall our uni lunch time memories." Celina answered and l nodded and grabbed my cellphone then exited the room with them.

.....

"I will have the fried rice with veggies." Adrelina ordered then looked at me, "Uh, l will-", "Oh my are you the CEO?! Nice to meet you, you're etheral in reality. I am looking forward to work with you Miss.Lucia." The staff in the food court excitedly shook my hand. I smiled at her, "I will look forward to be working with you as well." , "You know what? There's a special menu, steak combo which contains Hash browns, mashed potatoes and side veggies with soda. That's only for the CEO l think you should have it, and it's all free for you!" She said to me and l shook my head.

"No no! There's no need, l will have three special steak combos with money." I took my credit card from my money bag and gave it to her. "What what? What about my fried rice?" Adrelina pouted and l giggled, "Don't worry they already cancelled it don't worry."

"But that's only for the CEO right? Special VIPs but we're just ordinary people who came to eat in their friend's company." Celina looked at me in shock and l shook my head, "Don't worry you guys are the VIPs in my eyes!", "Thank you Lucia! We love you!" Adrelina pulled us in a group hug.

We ate our meal and chatted. I looked at my phone and there was only 2 minutes remaining for lunch break. "Guys l have a meeting in 2 minutes, l have to go. If you want you can roam around so let's meet each other again!" I stood up from my chair and hugged then went away to the conference meeting room.

....

I stopped my car in front of the mansion, l sighed deeply and l was really tired. I got up from my car and saw another car parked in the garage, who's was that? Must be Vernon's new car. I got in front of the door and saw a pair of heels scattered, l got nervous at the moment.

I twisted the door knob and saw Vernon kissing his girlfriend in front of the door. I stopped at the moment l saw them and my heart got broken. I tapped on the nearest wall few times to give me space to go upstairs.

"Agnes!! Who was that?" Vernon said and let go off Agnes's waist to turn around. "Oh you? I am sorry you can go upstairs now." He said with a serious face and l fake smiled then ran upstairs. I slammed the door and slide down through the wall with tears flowing from my eyes. Why Vernon?! Why?! Why did you have to save me that day why couldn't you leave me alone? Why did you call me your wife?

Why am l getting these feelings?! Why the hell!! You will never think me as your wife never! Why am l crying for him? He's a total jerk and a workaholic nothing else. I shouldn't be crying for a jerk seriously? I wiped my tears and took a deep breath.

"This is life Lucia, this is your marriage life." I sobbed and mumbled and l heard a few knocks on my door. I opened it and saw the same maid. "Dear, l have heard your sobs. You look pale and exhausted from work, l have also seen master with his girlfriend. I am really sorry and you don't need to come downstairs, l brought your food here." She hugged me and l started crying in her arms. "My husband was also like this, l can feel you dear. Don't cry anymore, find happiness outside that's the only advice l can give you."

"I feel jealous of my friends, when they come home from work, exhausted, their husbands take care of them and give them all affection. But here l have to be alone and no one is there to comfort me in anything." I said in her arms and she patted my back. "If you need comfort call me, l am always there for you." She mumbled as we sat on the bed when hugging each other.

A minute passed away, and l slept in her arms. It felt like mom's arms and was the safest place for me.

"Goodnight dear." With that she covered her with a blanket and turned off the lights then left the room.

...