Chapter 4

"Yes son, besides, you're in the age of marriage and that girlfriend of yours isn't a perfect match for you." Mrs Vaxi continued the speech and l scoffed. "Who says l can be the perfect match? What do you know about me, Miss?" I said to her and my mom's eyes widened and my dad grew angry.

"Mind your language young lady!" My dad yelled at me for the first time in my life which left me shocked. The amount of distrust these people are giving to me to get married to a workaholic- unbelievable!

"I know enough about you dear and l believe you're just the ideal daughter-in-law." Mrs Vaxi talked back and smiled like a creep.

"Fine l agree to the marriage..." The man beside me mumbled and my mother clapped excitedly, "Yay!! So the marriage is confirmed."
My eyes widened as I took in his words and shook my head continuously.

"I am sorry...l am forced." He mumbled near my ear and l stood up from my chair.
"Whether he is willing or unwilling, I don't care. l am not going to put a footstep in that damn wedding!" With that l ran away from the restaurant.

"Lucia Verceline!" Many people called for me but l didn't care. l ran as far as I could so l would to escape these workaholics. I can't believe l am getting betrayed by my own parents who raised me with complete freedom. I sat on a bench and cried for an indefinite amount of time to let go of this sorrow.

It was already dark when l felt a tap on my shoulder. l looked up.

It was the guy from the fast food restaurant at the mall earlier. He was wearing baggy jeans and an oversized hoodie with his hair messed up, making him look ethereal.

"Hi? I believe you're the girl from the mall earlier right?" He said and l nodded. "May l have the permission to comfort you in this sorrowful moment?" He said and l nodded. Just then all my pain evaporated just by looking at his face.

He took a seat beside me and beamed at me. Don't smile at me like that. I might end up poking that goddamn dimples. He patted my back in circles and took out a rose from his pocket and gave it to me. Why does he carry that? My stomach churned with butterflies in my stomach at his action. l sniffed the red beauty in my hands. The scent was so refreshing and sweet.

"It's just like you. Pretty." He complimented me. Blood crept on my cheeks and I was blushing like an idiot.
"Thank you! You made my day." I thanked him, a bit too excitedly and he smiled. "Here's my number call me lf you want." Afterwards that he took out a pen and a piece of paper. He scribbled on it then handed it over. I smiled at his number and nodded.

"Here's mine." I then too took a small piece of paper from my purse and wrote my number on it then gave it to him.
"I have to go back to the mall now, but call me later okay?" He stood up and continued, "May l give you a hug to make you feel even more better?"

I was dying inside to feel his touch so l nodded. Then he put my head on his chest and wrapped his arms around my waist. I hugged him tightly. We stayed there for a while. He then let me go. "I will see you later okay! Goodnight!" With that he left me alone.

"Man l definitely fell for him." I mumbled as l stared at his figure running for the taxi. He was about to get in when he waved back at me. l waved him back. "Ahh!!! He is so cute." I squealed, recalling the hug earlier.

"There she is." Vernon pointed at her then glanced at his parents emotionlessly.

"Go make up with her and convince her to stay at our house today for the night. We will be going back so see you later son." His parents pointed towards her direction and left.

"Wait what-" Vernon stared at his parents car leaving him alone with Lucia. He sighed, "Oh where the hell am l trapped in?!" He kicked the nearest stone in front of him.

Vernon's pov:

I tapped her shoulder when she was scrolling through her phone. She looked at me with her puppy doe eyes. l took a deep sigh then continued, "Are you Lucia Verceline?"

She rolled her eyes at me and nodded. Guess she hates me now. Can't blame her though. I didn't want this either. She went back to scrolling on her phone. l took a seat beside her very far. "My parents told me to convince  you to spent a night at my house." I bluntly told her and she sighed.

"For god's sake, l am never stepping inside the Vaxis house. Hope you understand that l won't be your wife ever." She straightforwardly spoke and l rolled my eyes. "Does it look like l want to be your husband? I have a girlfriend too." She scoffed, "Then why did you agree to this pathetic marriage hm?"

"If l didn't, they wouldn't stop pressurizing me. So l had no choice. l am sorry." I gulped and looked down. "Whatever just leave me alone." She said and l nodded and went back to my car. It was clear I annoyed her.

....

Lucia's pov:
"Lucia Verceline oh God! Finally you're home it's 11pm. Who knows what would have happened to you?" My mom started nagging the moment l entered the house. "Don't act like you care about me alright? I am going to my room." I left for my room.

"Oh god! Why doesn't she change her personality, what will my son-in-law think? She will be a wife soon!" My mom grunted as she glared at my figure walking upstairs.

I locked my room and turned on the air conditioner. I laid on my bed and tugged on my hair thinking about how gross my life was about to become.

My phone started vibrating. l opened to see the exact number that guy gave me. Immediately a smile crept on my face. l picked it up.

..