Chapter 8

After classes ended, l straight went to the library to meet my friends bickering over there. I chuckled seeing them arguing, no no l don't want them to argue but they are so cute what can l do? "Hey hey kids are you stopping yet?" I said and took a seat in front of them, "She promised me a hang out on Friday, so l cancelled all of my plans on Friday but then she's telling her husband and she have a family gathering on that day." Adrelina pouted and glared at Celina, "God kid! Can't you understand me?" Celina argued back.

"Adrelina please understand her, it might be for personal reasons but she can take you out on Saturday right?", "I will go out of town to meet my mom that day." , "Okay then you guys can still hang out on some other day after uni right?", "My husband wants me home immediately after university."

Just the Celina replied, they both started arguing again. Being the oldest is nothing better, for you have to see your two younger friends arguing every day and consoling them is a huge matter. I sighed then l decided to step back, a message popped on my cellphone l looked at it.

From.Dad
Hey! Lucia get out from the university, Vernon has been waiting for you for an hour and he texted me.

From.Lucia
Dad you don't have to be so rude.  My classes just got finished a minute ago, and is he dumb for waiting for an hour?

From.Dad
Respect your future husband, Young lady.

From.Lucia
Yeah yeah right, only lf he would respect me. But alright l am going bye.

"I have to go now." I said and took my backpack. "Is Markus here?", "He won't be here, someone very annoying is gonna be here." I emphasized the sentence and my friends looked at me with pity in their eyes. "Good luck girl!" The only thing they could cheer me with.

I took a deep sigh and went out towards the exit. I saw a black Lamborghini with a man leaning on it, several girls surrounded him and crushed over him but he seemed to pay no attention. He saw me then rolled his eyes and opened the passenger door seat for me.

"I can do it, you don't need to be a gentleman." I sighed then sat inside the car. He opened the driver's door then sat inside then proceeded to drive. I saw a familiar face waiting for me as l passed by, he was standing in front of the university exit just the moment Vernon started driving. He was Markus for sure.

From.Lucia
Hey...Markus l am going out with my parents today so Mom picked me up. Don't wait for me, l will meet you next week sorryyy <3

From.Markus
It's alright, call me when you get home safely. And good luck for your exam preparation! <3

From.Lucia
Aww thank you. I owe you a big hug.

Then he stopped texting and l also stopped then l put my cellphone inside my backpack. I stared at the streets as droplets of rain gushed from the sky, we were going through a tunnel and the whole scenario provided a lovely late night drive. It would be more fun and better lf l had someone loved beside me. With Markus l would go to that drive all night.

The whole car drive went silent, actually it was a bit nice or else l could beat him already lf he tried to talk to me. We stopped in front of a luxurious restaurant, seriously? l have been eating at this restaurant since my birth. I went out first and proceeded towards the restaurant without Vernon.

I entered inside the interior, as traditional Chinese lamps decorated the ceilings and there was multi-colored dim lights which flickered to my eyes. I went inside the VIP section and was shocked. There wasn't a single ant inside, and the decorations changed a lot after l came a few months ago. More elderly chefs started cooking inside the VIP seatings?! Ridiculous decoration.

"I had to book the whole VIP section for you only." Vernon coldly answered and l scoffed, "l don't except you to do this romantically?", "Who said? I was forced as usual, you're just a waste of money and time." He rolled his eyes then took a seat separately. It was kinda hurtful because of what he said. I sighed then sat on a completely separate seat from where he was sitting, it was like 3 feet away.

"Babe! You can come now." Vernon spoke to the phone and l just sighed looking at him. Inviting girlfriend when his future wife is here? How pathetic a person can be! If l invite Markus over here, l will be blamed for cheating, but when he himself is doing it there's never a problem. I ordered my food and the door opened revealing his nasty girlfriend, who was in a short cut dress, her chest was barely holding it's life to not be revealed. She was in heavy and disgusting makeup, and she styled her gross hair in somehow- made curls.

I just looked down at my food, there's nothing l can do. The food looked rotten to me for Markus wasn't there to compliment me or just provided company to me. So this is how my marriage life will look like? My day and night will pass out like this? God l better die before this wedding of mine. I just rolled my fork on my spaghetti then loud and disgusting sounds interrupted my peace.

I stole a glance of what they're doing, and my eyes needed some bleach. How disgusting can a person be? People should learn from Vernon. My phone vibrated showing Markus's calling ID. My face finally lit up and l immediately answered it leaving my food.

"Hey Lucia are you home yet?" His handsome deep voice brought butterflies to me again. "No l am still outside, but l was lonely because of your absence.", "Is it? Are you busy?"

"Hm, l don't know. Why?", "Because you were lonely, so l hoped for two of us to hangout maybe l can please you just like the last time you know?" He offered to me and l again glanced at Vernon and his girlfriend. He seems too busy to notice my presence, so l can get out of this hell absolutely right?

"Yeah, let's meet at XXX park. I am going out now." I said for the final time then ended the call. I paid with my credit card because l don't want to depend on a stranger completely.

....

"Lucia! Finally you're here!" Markus scanned my figure just when l got out from my car. Yeah l went to my home's car garage and picked it up. "Woah Lucia! You got a nice car!" He scanned my car and l chuckled. I went closer to him and he wrapped his arms around my waist then hugged me.

I relaxed in his embrace, all my sorrow just flies away with just his face. He rested his head on my shoulders and gripped on my waist tightly. "I love you." I mumbled but just then Markus let go off me. "What? What did you say? Can you repeat l didn't heard it?" He scratched his head and l giggled, "It's nothing let's go." He nodded then held my hand.

I love you, Markus. I want to be with you for the rest of my life, but fate didn't allow me.

...