Chapter 19

A month later ...

After a usual tiring day at work l entered my room. I sighed deeply then took a warm shower. My phone vibrated showing Jade's message.

From.Jade
Here is the document Lucia.
*File1 (Audit Project month 3)*

From.Lucia
Alright l will look up to it then sent you again. Make sure you print it by tomorrow.

From.Jade
Alright! Miss boss!

I chuckled then downloaded the document on my laptop. While l was reviewing the project documents, my phone rang revealing Markus's Facetime. My face lit up and l giggled loudly, l picked it up.

The video opened showing Markus in messy hair and a black shirt. He was laying down on bed with a smile, "Heyy Lucia!! How are you?~" He said in a flirty tone. I smiled at him, "I am doing fine? How are you Markus?"

"I was bad until l saw your gorgeous face, you have grown much prettier since l have seen you in 3 months." I chuckled at his compliment and l might have blushed a little, l am still not sure l love Vernon completely. "Not to mention your heavenly manly face." He flew a kiss from the call and l giggled.

"I am coming to USA tomorrow." He said as he broke the silence. I looked at him with widened eyes, "Wait seriously? Are you really coming here?.." l stuttered in happiness. He nodded, "l know you're shocked and happy to see me, but l am more than happy to see you again after those 3 miserable months."

"I missed you seriously Markus!" I said, l almost cried. "l missed you so much." He said with his iconic eye-smile. "When are you coming? I will come to pick you up." I firmly said and he chuckled, "l will call you as l don't know when the plane will board at the airport."

He continued, "I was thinking we should go on a date like earlier-"

The door slammed open revealing Vernon with an angry expression. I looked at him in complete shock, he balled his fists and glared at me. "Who's that guy who's asking you out?" I gulped at his angry face.

"What? Is something happening Lucia?" Markus tried to call me several times but l wasn't paying any attention to him. I saw Vernon walking towards me with heavy steps and took my phone then ended the call not revealing him even for a second. "What was that?!" I yelled at him and he rolled his eyes.

"You're dating a guys behind my back huh?", "He's not my boyfriend-" He slapped me hard cutting me off. I hissed from the stinging pain of the slap, "Are you serious Vernon?! So what lf l date a guy?! What's your problem with that?! You have a girlfriend behind my back too!" I then slapped him hard with full-force that made him fall to the ground.

"I-l-..", "Shut up! You have made me feel too much pain! You can sleep with your girlfriend and l can't even talk to a guy? Aren't you faking too much care towards me? Please stop! I know you were forced into hugging me and gifting that stupid necklace to me! Please just leave me alone and don't put your nose to my business." I shouted with tears dropping from my eyes. He looked at me with shocked eyes and then looked down, "l am sorry-" , "Get out from my room! ASAP!"

He nodded then got out. I wiped my tears harshly, how far he can go to only hurt me? It has been a month since our wedding, but it only feels like hell here. Something like honesty doesn't even exist in this freaking place. I punched the wall thinking it is Vernon, that jerk! I hate him so much!

The door opened revealing the maid with a first aid kit. She was in worry and l looked at her with softened eyes. "Your cheeks are red dear!" And l nodded, l don't feel like a burden to her as l already considered her as my mother in this house. She made me sit on the bed and laid a ice pack on my cheeks. "I think Master did this right?" I nodded then looked down.

She held my wrist and looked at me, "I know you're struggling lately, but l want to let you know that you're not hated, you're more loved than you can ever think of. Only this particular man can't change your life, your life your decisions so that means you're are the only important person in your life." She firmly looked at me and l smiled.

"Thank you Mrs."

...