Chapter 23

I flinched, he was a tall figure with his hair messy and he was in a suit. Vernon never wears blazer but why is he wearing this now?

"Why are you in my brother's room?" He repeated and l looked at him in confusion. "Wait aren't you Vernon? Who are you basically? And what do you mean by your brother-", "Yeah obviously you're confused now, yes l am his twin. I am a year younger than him, and let me guess you're my sister-in-law?" I blinked twice at him but nodded.

"You might not know me, but l am Aston Vaxi. I have gone out from USA to Korea for my university, l have received an invitation to your wedding but l wasn't able to join. Because that time was my graduation and it was more important than my pathetic brother's arranged marriage." He sat on the bed and tapped his feet to the floor several times. "Uh..l never knew he had a twin. But l am Lucia Verceline and l am currently 24." I put the diary on the desk and turned to him.

"Let me guess the CEO of the Verceline Company?" He said and l nodded. "Looks like we're at the same age." He continued and l again nodded, still don't know what to reply. "Brother told me to stay here for two weeks before l move in with my parents, so l hope you won't mind  it." I shook my head and said, "No l will be happy for you to be here!"

He looked at me and smiled. His features almost matched with Vernon, lf you look at him you will obviously think of Vernon. He is quite handsome and not like how he looked like when he first entered here. "Are you happy with the marriage?" He said after a long pause, l tried to say something but l couldn't move my mouth in shock.

"I know you aren't, don't lie." He glared at me and l looked down. "Let me think...you never wanted to marry at this age right?" He continued and l looked at him in shock. How he knows literally everything about me? I nodded and he sighed. "I feel bad for you, despite you being a sweet girl had to deal with my cold brother. I am  truly ashamed of my brother, not to mention his girlfriend who only uses him." He looked down and l raised my brows in confusion.

What did he meant by Agnes using Vernon? "What do you mean? Agnes uses Vernon?", "You don't know?!" He raised his voice a bit in disbelief, l shook my head. "Well you see...l know you will not believe it. You know everything about their long relationship because you read his diary right? I have observed him a couple of times, and l knew she uses him let me tell you one story from it."

"It was when he was 20, they were in a date at home. My parents was in work, and l was playing video games in my room. I went downstairs to get some milk for l was thirsty, and l heard Agnes talking to someone on her phone when brother wasn't there. So l hid somewhere for her to not see me and also to hear what she was saying. Turns out she was talking to her side chick, and was telling him that she will take money from brother to buy a whole vacation house for her. And she and her side chick will have dates in there and spend vacation together..." He said and l looked at him in shock.

"And did your brother bought it for her?" I said and he nodded. "It was just one, she asked money from him hundreds of times and my stupid and pathetic brother didn't even care to find out his real love of life and continued to stick with that fake." He stared at me and answered and l scoffed. "When l first saw her, l knew she was a gold digger nothing else." I said and he smiled at me.

"To be honest, you're extremely pretty. So l am happy to have you as my sister-in-law-"

The door harshly opened and l saw Vernon breathing heavily.

"Aston you're here!" He glared at Aston with an emotionless face. "Yeah so what?" Aston replied then allowed himself to lay down on the bed. I stared at the brothers in confusion, they didn't seem to acknowledge my presence. "I will go to my room l guess." I stood up to leave but Aston held my wrist. "Where are you going sister-in-law? Can't you spent time with your brother-in-law?"

I was about to say something then Vernon sperated Aston's hands from my wrist. "Leave her alone Aston, lf she wants to spent time with you then she herself will come." Vernon said and l shook my head. "No no! It's fine! Aston what do you want to do?" I questioned him and his face lit up then he sat.

"Firstly, l want to take you to a date to Georgetown and have lunch there. Then we will go to the bar and have few drinks then have dinner!" He smiled and l scratched my neck with a forced-smile. Vernon scoffed and glared at him in disbelief, "Seriously Aston? You're asking your sister-in-law out?"

"Just shut up brother, stop being jealous." Vernon scoffed at him and shook his head. "So shall we go? Sister-in-law? Change your clothes l will be waiting outside." He immediately stood up from his bed then left l sighed heavily. Vernon looked at me and l followed back, it was an awkward eye-contract. I decided to brush it off then left his room.

"Plan is in success." Aston's lips curved into a smirk as he danced his way to his Rolls-Royce.

....