Chapter 22

"Let's meet someday again." I hugged him for the last time and he smiled, "Okay see you soon Bunny." I nodded then went towards my car to drive to the mansion.

I twisted the door knob and surprisingly it was open. I entered the house then took off my shoes, unexpectedly it was too quiet. I opened the refrigerator and took out a cold water bottle then gulped the water, l was extremely thirsty. "Hey you home now?..." I heard a voice so l turned around to see it was Vernon. I wanted to talk to him but my mind didn't signal me to do so.

I just nodded then was about to pass through him, but he held my wrist. "You need water?" He asked but l just shook my head then went upstairs. I went to my room then did my usual night routine.

...

It was the last day of the holiday, but l am happy l don't know why l am happy for work that much. But l am shocked at one thing, Markus always send me a good morning emoji or just gd morning every morning but he didn't sent me today.

I went downstairs to see Vernon's chair empty, l was curious about where he is. But decided to shrug it off and just eat my breakfast. While l was eating, Vernon came running towards the table with his cellphone. "I TOLD YOU TO MAKE THE DOCUMENT WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE IT?!" He shouted in the call, l flinched a little by his yelling. He palmed his forehead in despair and just threw his iPhone on the couch so carelessly. Man! The phone was about to break!

He then looked at me while l was staring at him, his eyes softened. We had a eye contact for a minute then l decided to break it by looking down at my food. "Miss? Do you need any pepper?-" A maid came asking but l choked on my food, it was too spicy.

"Miss! Call the head maid!" The maid yelled and the other maids started panicking. I held my hand on my chest trying to calm myself but nothing would help. Vernon made me drink some water and patted my back.

And guess what? That helped in less than a second, l caught my breath and looked at him. "You alright?" He said and l slowly nodded, he hummed then started to eat his food. What was that? He didn't even tried to comfort me like how Markus did last time? Huh, why am l comparing a cold person with an extremely sweet person.

After finishing my food, l stood up from my chair. I sighed heavily and l was completely devastated about what l was craving for right now, Vernon's back hug while l cook food. I shook my head trying to get rid of the idea placed in my mind, but l found it very romantic and flustering.

"Hey, you have been standing here for several minutes." Vernon said and that made me come out from my mind. "Oh really? I didn't notice." I said then straight went upstairs without looking at him.

I threw myself to the bed and sighed, deeply exhausted about the reality. I like Markus but at the same time l love Vernon. But like and love has a difference right? Yeah l want Vernon more than Markus, but l don't get the person who l want more. He unexpectedly stole my heart despite him having a girlfriend, and that's what makes my heart ache.

I scanned my room but found something interesting on the top of my working desk. I got up and looked closely, it was the necklace Vernon gifted me. I took it in my hand and just stared at it for seconds, l recalled everything when he gave me this, that was then he stole my heart immediately.

"I love you Vernon, l love you too much. Why do you have to hurt me like this?" I mumbled and wiped my tears which was uncontrollable. I looked at the time and Vernon was supposed to go for work now. I decided something in my mind and got out from my room.

I went downstairs then went to the path where his room was in. I twisted the door knob then the door opened. It was indeed manly, the room almost fitted with mine. But everything was in grey, l think his fav color is grey. But it was finer than mine, like how fine he is. I walked inside the room silently and searched lf he was here.

Thankfully he wasn't, so l sat on his bed then found a picture. I took it and saw baby Agnes and baby Vernon holding hands in a park. I felt jealous and angry so l threw it away on the bed. I opened the drawer and saw a brown colored diary revealing 'Little Vernon's to Teenage Vernon's diary!!"

I opened the first page and saw:

"September 15, 2005
Hi new diary? My friends often talks about their diary so l decided to make one for mine as well. I bought this because there was spiderman!
So new topic, l fell on the muddy paddle in front of my crush! I was so deeply embarrassed but she helped me! How kind of her!
Anyways l have to sleep so see you tomorrow.
Information about me:
Vernon Vaxi, 7. Born on October 25,1998"

I laughed at how silly was young Vernon. He was so sweet when he was a child but now an ice, by the way l still wonder who his crush was. Then l turned to the next page.

"October 1,2005
Sorry diary l wouldn't write in days, because l was so sick. But here l am!
My crush, Agnes invited me at her birthday party! I am so excited besides l think l should get a gift truck for her as a gift!
Anyways pray for my good luck and l will see you after the party!"

"Huh? So l see, your girlfriend was your long-time crush huh?" I glared at the second page in anger then l saw two pages gap. So l turned both pages to see another writing.

"October 25, 2015
Guess l really turned 17 today huh? Well as usual, my parents held a huge party and Agnes was invited. Btw l have now realized that l am writing in this diary after 10 years! It's too dirty but l decided to write again!
I confessed to Agnes yesterday! And guess what? She agreed on being my girlfriend! I am too much happy right now and today we had our first kiss, it was the best birthday gift ever! What do you except? I have a crush on this particular girl for over 10 years! And she is my girlfriend now! Can you believe it?"

My heart broke a little, they have been in a relationship for long l guess. I feel bad now lf l love him, l can't now because they have been a couple for years.

The door slammed open and l looked behind me to see an angry tall figure.

"What are you doing here huh?"

"I-"

...