Chapter 10

"Looks like l interrupted your date oh my, are you having fun on cheating on my boyfriend?" A unfamiliar feminine voice approached us, l looked up. "First of all, you are completely unknown to me so is your dear boyfriend you're thinking that l am cheating on." I continued. She slapped me hard and Markus stood up from his chair angrily.

"Stop speaking nonsense, l am sure you are familiar with the name Vernon Vaxi? He is my boyfriend for god's sake!?" She said then tried to slap me again but l prevented that by holding her hands. "How about we speak about this misunderstanding outside?" I suggested then she scoffed but nodded. I looked at Markus and signalled to provide me privacy and he nodded.

"I heard that you're marrying my boyfriend after two months?! How is that possible?!" She yelled at me and l knew her situation. "It's a forced marriage, his family agreed on clearing my family company's debt lf we only marry. But don't worry he doesn't care about me so do l, he will consider me as a stranger and l will do the same. So don't worry so much, he cares about you more than anyone else so l suggest you keep the relationship, and for that l am having a date with my crush and l hope you won't interrupt me anymore." I straightforwardly answered, "l-" l left from there immediately.

"Lucia! Did she do anything to you?!" Markus was standing there in front of the counter all the time but thankfully not too near to eavesdrop. "You don't have to worry, she didn't do anything to me she was a old classmate of mine and we had a little misunderstanding to clear." I replied and that convinced him a lot to stop questioning me. I munched on my salad and he ate a chicken leg from his family bucket.

He looked so cute while eating, l giggled at him at each bite he was taking. He was breath-taking, my heart busts for him. I heard a ringing sound from my cellphone which was placed on the table.

"Uhm." I saw the ID it was mom. l looked at Markus and he nodded then l went to a vacant place where nobody was there.

"Mom?", "Where are you Lucia?", "I am hanging out with a friend."

"Alright be home at 7, because we are going to dress shopping for your wedding ."

"Mom you know my measurements, l don't want to go alright?"

"Shut up and do what l say."

"Fine."

I ended the call and sighed, l don't like the arrival of my marriage. And our whole day finished off like that, it was so memorable and Markus literally did everything that would satisfy me and made me happy, l felt like he was my husband all of the time.

...

"Daughter! You're home!" Mrs.Vaxi sipped on her tea and l nodded then took off my sneakers. "Daughter! won't you wear a dress for once? Always in these blackish and tomboyish outfits." Mrs.Vaxi continued and l stayed silent, l don't like people talking about my character nor style. "Mrs.Vaxi you will take that back after Lucia gets married!" My mom laughed then started drinking her tea.

"I will be in my room." I coldly answered but Mrs.Vaxi held my wrist, "Where are you going?! You're about to become a lady, so we have to have ladies talk right?", "I am not old-fashioned like you Miss. I know what l have to do and l don't need to know anything unnecessary for your pathetic son." I talked back and my mom hit my arm with her eyes widened. "I mean you're right, these days kids doesn't even care to know what's the right. For what we are waiting for? Let's proceed to the bridal boutique l have appointed." Mrs.Vaxi said those few lines to me then started laughing with mom.

I closed my eyes being annoyed by her gross personality, in what scope did l think that she was nice? Never ever! people like her makes their daughter-in-laws go crazy. And of course, l was forced into going to that stupid boutique she showed off that the only powerful woman appointed and which is only her.