The Swiftblade - Chaeryeong

Chaeryeong pov

The next morning we headed back to Basecamp while Winter's squad stayed there. I'm surprised that Dahyun and Hanni were able to make it since they were injured but luckily they were okay. When we got back to Basecamp we all decided to go to our cabins and chill. I laid down on my bed as well as the others.

Yeji came up to my bed holding a can of beer and stood there.

"Chaeryeong how come I've never seen you write to anyone?" Yeji asked

"Just haven't felt like it" I said

"Well I think you should to let your family know that you're alive"

"Maybe I don't know" I said

"Well if you feel like it, here I have some extra paper" She said and put a few pieces of paper on my nightstand before walking back to her bed.

I'm tired and my back and shoulders were hurting from yesterday. I just wanted to relax and just lay down. Give my body a rest from moving so much. I closed my eyes and laid on my back on the soft bed.

The door suddenly opened but I didn't see who it was since I didn't feel like opening my eyes. I heard footsteps coming my way. I felt something hit my cheek which made me open my eyes in shock. People were laughing as I looked up and saw Sergeant Johnson. She had a letter in her hand.

"It's for you Chaeryeong" She said and dropped it on my stomach.

She went back to giving letters to people in my cabin who had letters sent to them, then she left. I sat up on my bed and looked at the letter and saw it was from my older sister. Wow, she's the first person to write to me. I opened the letter.

--
Dear Chaeryeong

Hopefully you're doing well over there. You might think mom and dad aren't worried about you but they are actually. Everyday in the morning and afternoon they pray for you and sometimes cry because they miss you. Yesterday Mom slept in your bed because she missed you lots. Just know we worry for you everyday and we just want you to come home already. I hope you read this and know we love you very much. I look forward to seeing you soon. I love you lil sis.

Love Chaeyeon <3

__

Wow, I'm really happy my older sister wrote to me. It's just out of nowhere she does this. I still remember the day when I had to leave, she kept on hitting and yelling at me for being stupid for coming here. She begged me not to go but I had to since I had already volunteered for this and I can't just not go.

It was hard to leave but I'm just trying to prove to them that I can do this and I'm not scared of anything that comes to me. Just trying to survive out here and get out of here and go back home.

I put the letter in my bag and laid back down and fell asleep. I was woken up to the sounds of explosions and gunshots and it looked like everyone did. Everyone got up and got their stuff and guns. I put my helmet on and grabbed my gun.

We all ran outside and quickly went for cover. I hid behind some bags of dirt. As I looked over the bags I saw people shooting at people. Suddenly a bullet hit my helmet making me fall back. Luckily the bullet bounced off leaving a mark on my helmet. Yeji ran towards me and kneeled next to me.

"You okay Chaeryeong?" She asked and I nodded

"Well hurry and get up and follow me" she said

I grabbed my gun and ran behind her. We took cover in a hole nearby and lined my gun up and started shooting.

"These motherfuckers can't even wait till tomorrow" I heard Yeji whisper

Suddenly a loud explosion nearby made me fall behind Yeji and drop my gun. She mumbled something before pulling me up by my shirt and pushed me against the wall of the hole.

"Stop being so damn jumpy, you'll get yourself killed Lee!" She yelled

I got my gun and started shooting. All I heard were gunshots and explosions from far away. Soon the shootings stopped. We soon got out of the hole together but had our guns ready Incase. We made our way to the front where the first expansions had happened.

We checked the area around the camp to make sure no unexpected people were here anymore. Afterwards we had some guards guard the area for the night Incase it happened again. Now that's over we can finally go back to our cabins for the night.

I put my stuff away and put my helmet on top of my bag. I laid back down and then Lieutenant Park came in.

"Y'all girls ok?" She asked

"Yeah we good, just hope it doesn't happen again" Ryujin said

"Hey Wolfie, I found this near the hole you were in. You dropped it" she said and walked over to Yeji to give her the item.

"Oh shit thanks lieutenant" Yeji said and took what looked like a photograph.

"No problem, y'all better hit the hay soon. Tomorrows the big day so be ready" Lieutenant said before she left.

"What's that?" Ryujin asked

"It's a picture of me, my sister, and her newborn baby girl that's now three months old" Yeji said

It was a cute picture of them. After I looked at it I gave it back to her and she put it in her pocket and laid down. I started getting tired so I turned my lamp off and laid down and eventually fell asleep.