Nightmare - Ryujin

Short story

Third person pov

"Goodnight baby sweet dreams" Ryujin said as she tucked her son in bed and kissed his forehead

"Goodnight mommy" Youngjin said

Ryujin smiled and patted his head before leaving his room to go to hers. Being a single parent was tough for her, she had to work a lot and her friend would pick Youngjin up from school then take care of him at home till Ryujin came home.

She tries her best but still stays strong for her son. She entered her room and changed into her sweatpants and shirt.

She then laid down in her bed and went on her phone for a while. She looked at old photos and videos of her son. She laughed at them then turned her phone off and went to sleep.

Later at night Youngjin woke up from a scary nightmare he had. He was scared of being alone so he grabbed his stuffed monkey that his mom got him for his birthday.

He got up from his bed and opened his door and headed to his mothers room. He slowly opened the door to see his mother sleeping peacefully on her side facing away from him.

He quietly went into the room and closed the door quietly. He walked to where Ryujin was facing and climbed on the bed. He grabbed the blanket and went under it.

He moved closer to Ryujin as she was still asleep. He held his stuffed animal close to him as he moved closer.

Ryujin woke up from the movement happening on her bed. She opened her eyes slowly and saw the small body laying next to her.

"Youngjin what are you doing in here it's late" Ryujin said in a sleepy voice

"I had a bad dream about a monster coming after me and I didn't want to be alone in the dark" he said

Ryujin smiled and lifted her arm telling the boy to come closer and cuddle with her. He did and cuddled into Ryujin. She wrapped her arm around the boy burying her face into his hair.

"Go to sleep now Angel you're safe with me, I won't let anyone hurt you" Ryujin said

The boy was already asleep in her arms with his monkey still in his arms. She smiled at the sight of him sleeping. She yawned and fell asleep a few seconds later

End of story