Chapter 40: their courage

The Queen of Purple Lantern Bugs infected by Abyss 0 was named "Black Queen".

Its whole body is made of black crystals, and it is as tall as a small building. The purple lantern insects it breeds also have the characteristics of resurrection from death.

After the "Black Queen" was severely damaged by space-based weapons, she was contained in the bottom floor of the laboratory. Once it is resurrected, it will be pierced through the head by a laser weapon, then reborn, and then killed-the research center is very careful not to give it any chance to grow.

Other researchers are studying whether it can be restrained with high-efficiency anesthetics or cold storage.

"This is not the way after all." Professor Guan said, "It took us two space-based weapons to subdue it, and the containment would take a lot of energy. Even if there is one more creature like this, we may not be able to withstand it. "He rubbed his eyebrows, "I only have one question, is the 'Black Queen' the infection before the disappearance of Abyss 0, or after? Where did Abyss 0 go? Why can we still monitor its infection wavelength?"

No one could answer his question.

The night was deep, the research center was brightly lit, the researchers in white were running around, and the green data flowed across the huge screen. This was destined to be a sleepless night.

At the same time, the infection wavelength of Abyss 0 reappeared.

Its data is like a fish, swimming through thousands of data torrents, everything it passes is hellish red.

— Shi Yuan left the city again.

He took advantage of the night to come to the wilderness and stepped into a tall forest.

The monsters are still afraid of him and dare not approach him. Now he knew why: he could override their infection, kill them physically, become his own infection. While they fear death, they instinctively yearn for that kind of supreme power.

Infection, distortion, ascension. Evolution, which takes tens of thousands of years, can happen every minute; time, which imprisons all species, was broken by him.

if he wants to...

He can create legions of undead monsters. Perhaps in the distant future, after the Legion occupies this planet, it will be able to launch an expedition to a wider universe.

The battle never stops.

The bright moonlight was cut to pieces by the branches and fell on the shoulders, and the insects with light tails flew slowly, just like the night Xie Qianming died.

Shi Yuan crossed the stream, climbed up a short slope, and sat on a dead tree trunk lying on the ground. The shoes were wet with mud and uncomfortable to wear. He took them off and set them aside, just touching the cold stream with his toes.

He took out the black crystal, and the blue butterfly exuded a dreamy light. Unlike before, the crystal cracked.

Shi Yuan could feel that in this restless night, the butterfly wanted to flap its wings and fly.

He waited for a while, and half an hour or an hour later, the crystal sounded crisply, and a butterfly with black crystals on its wings flew up.