Chapter 23: refuge

The screaming crowd, the chaotic footsteps, and the frightened faces. The world turned upside down in an instant.

Shi Yuan promised Lu Tinghan that if there was an alarm, he would hide in the shelter.

So, he followed the others, and was dragged into an entrance leading to the ground by the crowd-this entrance was usually closed, but now the half-meter-thick metal door was opened, and the green indicator light was flickering.

The passage behind the door is very narrow and winding, only for three people to walk side by side. The emergency light above his head was dim, and there were so many people that he could hardly breathe. Shi Yuan didn't know how long he walked, and felt that he was almost reaching the center of the earth before he saw a huge space.

-They are on the top floor of the space, and there is a metal corridor under their feet, which is about a dozen floors high from the bottom floor, which makes people feel weak under their feet.

Shi Yuan leaned on the railing of the corridor and looked out, the emergency passage on the ground connected different floors. He saw people pouring into the space in a steady stream, and the corridors were full of people. There are aisles and pillars criss-crossing in the air, and there are densely packed, honeycomb-like doors on the wall, with numbers hanging beside the doors.

There is a guiding robot at each entrance, and his mobile phone also received a text message: [It has been detected that you have entered the shelter in Area A from passage 17, please go to residence No. 5202]

This was assigned nearby, and the house number closest to him was [5177]. Shi Yuan followed the crowd and found [5202] quickly.

Push open the metal door and walk in, the whole room is extremely dark, with a strange triangular structure, twelve beds squeezed tightly together.

There were already people sitting on two beds, silently looking at him.

Shi Yuan asked a middle-aged man: "Which bed is mine?"

The man was silent for a long time, and said in a low voice, "Whatever, first come, first served."

Shi Yuan picked the bed in the farthest corner.

The bed is that kind of metal bed, without a mattress, only a thin layer of quilts, and it makes you feel flustered when you sit on it. Shi Yuan sat with his tail propped up and felt better.

A few more people came in one after another, sitting by the bed without saying a word.

The siren was still echoing. After Shi Yuan sent Lu Tinghan [I'm in the shelter], he had nothing to do and took a nap.

When he woke up, the siren had disappeared, and the room was still silent. The already narrow space was oppressive.

In the dead silence, Shi Yuan secretly observed everyone.

The old lady on the bed stared at the ceiling in a daze, the young couple leaned together, the man hugged the woman's shoulders, the scruffy middle-aged man crossed his legs, the pale light of the mobile phone illuminated his expressionless face, and the others...others People are also silent in the dark.

There is a text message on the phone.

Lu Tinghan sent a very simple sentence: [Don't be afraid, wait for me to come back]