Chapter 9: World

Just like that, Shi Yuan boarded Lu Tinghan's aircraft.

The aircraft skimmed through the dense night. But here is different from the wasteland. When Shi Yuan looked out the window, most of the buildings were gray and uneven, some old and some new, and some were ruins. The streets cut them into chaos, and there were few pedestrians. A patrol in black was walking by with guns.

After 20 minutes, the aircraft came to a new area.

The buildings here are much more regular, they are all single-family houses, the streets are also very clean, and there are many guards standing guard. They landed in the community, Lu Tinghan led Shi Yuan into a remote building, opened the door, the room was spacious and empty.

The house is a duplex structure with two floors and is well decorated.

The walls are clean, the lights are bright, the living room only has a sofa and TV, and the open kitchen has a symbolic pot, no seasoning, and the refrigerator is empty. It's been cleaned regularly, the floors are spotless, it's just not the least bit unpopular.

Shi Yuan asked, "Is this your home?"

"Yeah." Lu Tinghan said, "I don't come back often to one of these homes." He took off his coat and put it on the hanger, "You can live here first, and choose a room on the first floor. Tonight you Don't go out, someone will take you to check again tomorrow."

"Oh..." Shi Yuan said, "I have drawn blood many times."

"Tomorrow is a more comprehensive inspection." Lu Tinghan replied, "When the inspection report comes out, you can go wherever you want."

"All right."

"Go to sleep." Lu Tinghan said.

Lu Tinghan took off his gloves and put them aside, and sat on the sofa. He leaned back, looked up at the white ceiling, took a deep breath silently, and let it out slowly.

Even then, he wasn't completely relaxed. He is like a bow that is always taut, a sword that refuses to return to its sheath, ready to go into battle at any time.

The people from the logistics department came diligently and cleaned the place cleaner than the model house, and of course the ceiling was also taken care of. The ceiling was very white, almost pale. Sometimes Lu Tinghan didn't want to close his eyes, so he would let his mind go for a few minutes. When he raised his head, he had the illusion that he was floating in a white void.

This void is very monotonous, but it isolates the flames of war and death.

But today, before he could look at it for long, the paleness was covered.

An upside-down, Shi Yuan's face appeared.

Shi Yuan stood behind the sofa, looked down at him and asked, "Lu Tinghan, what are you doing?"

Lu Tinghan: "...I'm looking at the ceiling."

"No, you're looking at me now." Shi Yuan said. He got the stare and the attention, and he was content.

Lu Tinghan asked, "What else do you need?"

Shi Yuan: "I still want to touch my head."