Chapter 5: Reunion

The off-road vehicle flew across the wasteland.

Lao He stepped on the accelerator, held the steering wheel with his left hand, and held the gun tightly with his right hand. He took a big breath, and there was a turbid sound like a blower coming from his lungs. Blood seeped into his clothes from his waist and abdomen. The off-road vehicle was crooked and almost rolled over several times.

Shi Yuan didn't know how far they had gone, but he could no longer see the lights of the camp.

Looking out of the co-pilot's window, the sun was setting, casting a raging sea of ​​blood on the ground. He took a deep breath, and smelled the smell of grass clippings, soil and water vapor in the wind, and there was a faint sweet smell of blood-it was approaching night, The monsters started to get restless. Farther away is a deep high forest, which is also the place where Shi Yuan has been walking for several months. Now Lao He has to go back to the forest in order to get rid of the pursuit.

Shi Yuan was a little confused.

He walked for a long time before he got out of the forest. If Lao He brought him back again, he didn't know how long it would take him to come out.

The car approached the forest, and just as he was about to say something, "Bang!" With a loud noise, the car body suddenly tilted and slammed into the side.

With the previous lesson, Shi Yuan fastened his seat belt this time, but his head still hit the glass.

People are fine.

It was the devil horns on his head that directly shattered the glass.

Shi Yuan: "Ah." He touched his horn, a little aggrieved.

Old He was hit badly too, opened the car door and went down, looked at the punctured tire, and uttered a series of terrifying roars. He kicked the tire desperately, pulled his hair, and cursed some swear words that Shi Yuan couldn't understand. After a long, long time, he returned to the car and sat in the driver's seat like a dead person, motionless.

Shi Yuan asked tentatively, "Are you okay?"

Lao He remained silent, rolled his eyes, and looked at Shi Yuan. His clothes were flapping, and new tentacles were moving underneath.

He just looked at Shi Yuan like this, and said hoarsely: "...you go. The station is in the east, and we only drove more than 20 kilometers away. You may still be found by them."

Shi Yuan said, "Where are you going?"

"Forest." Lao He said.

With difficulty, he rolled over to the back seat, opened the backpack, and stuffed the inhibitor and food into it. He found two compasses and threw one to Shi Yuan: "Take it, Lu Bafang taught you."

Shi Yuan watched for a while and came to a conclusion: "You actually stole two eggs from Lu Bafang."

Old He: "...?"

Old He was very confused: "What did Lu Bafang teach you..."

After Lao He finished packing everything, he could set off on foot, but Shi Yuan remained in the car.

Old He said, "Why, don't you want to leave?"

"There are many monsters in the forest." Shi Yuan said, "You will die."