Chapter 35 - The Party; Act 2

wordcount: 6158

a/n: Haha sorry for the eight month break lolololol enjoy

-----------------------------------------

As part of the pregame, Lyla, Beth and (Y/n) were doing their Saturday karaoke. Lyla, now being eighteen, could buy drinks for the other two while they waited in their booth.

"So, how are things with Jon?" Beth nudged (Y/n) in the belly.

"It's fine." (Y/n) replied, not making eye contact, "We're meeting him at the party."

"How is it? At the Aquino estate, I mean?" She put on a 'fancy' voice while emphasising where (Y/n) works.

"Fine." (Y/n) did not want to get into it.

"Are you still keeping it a secret from Lyla?"

"Uh." (Y/n) groaned, "The only reason you know about it and she doesn't is that you," She jabbed her finger into Beth's chest, "are a nosy little bugger who can't respect other people's privacy."

Beth laughed at her jab and shifted away, "Not my fault you were acting so suspicious, plus, it was Jonathan who sniffed you out more than me."

"Huh?"

"He told me he knows your secret too, honestly, I think you should just tell Lyla before it's too late."

"Before what's too late?"

"Come on, (Y/n), I know, and your little situation-ship knows, but she doesn't know, if she finds out you were keeping this a secret from her, she might feel hurt."

"It's not a big deal." (Y/n) brushed it to the side, "I'm working as a cleaner in a house, big whoop." She scoffed and put on a fake smile.

"If that's the case, why not tell her?"

Her smile straightened into a thin line, "You know how she can get."

"Hope you're not talking about me behind my back." Lyla opened the door with a giggle, "I brought an extra friend, hope you girls don't mind." Behind Lyla was a girl that (Y/n) recognised. "Girls, meet Lily, Lily, this is Beth and (Y/n)."

They exchanged hellos between Lily and Beth whilst (Y/n) looked down at the drink Lyla handed her. God, was this embarrassing. Who would've thought that the random girl (Y/n) had a mental breakdown in front of would've been a friend of Lyla's?

"(Y/n), right?" Lily gave a friendly smile.

"Uh, yeah." (Y/n) looked up and made brief eye contact, maybe she doesn't remember?

"How've you been, since... you know?" Nope, she remembers.

"Oh, I've been fine."

"Since what?" Lyla asked, had they met before?

"Since nothing!" (Y/n) said, a little too loudly, "We just briefly met in the toilets one time at school, honestly I hardly remember it."

"...yeah." Lily picked up her social cues, "I just saw her face and was reminded of it."

"Well, small world after all." Lyla picked up her drink, "To good health and... a good shag." All the girls cheered, (Y/n) less enthusiastically than the others, and drank their respective drinks.

"Got your eyes set out on anyone?" Lily asked, seeing as how Lyla seemed intent on that shag.

"Not particularly." Lyla smirked, "but you know, won't be hard." Both girls laughed at her comment, "You?"

"Oh, well know Leo actually lives at Pablo's, so he's guaranteed to be there."

"Ugh." Lyla dramatically rolled her eyes at the mention of that name, "You know he's a dud, right?"