Chapter 8 - A Fight

Gregory ^^

-wordcount; 4041

Friday 23rd

Today was the last school day of the week, and to say that this week was one of (Y/n)'s most... eventful weeks would be an understatement.

Hopefully, today things would be a little less eventful.

It was the last day of school, then a week off. (Y/n) hoped that she wouldn't have to work the entire day at that house throughout the following week. She should probably talk to Greg to try to persuade him somehow

"Yo, (Y/n)!" Beth ran up behind and flung her arm around (Y/n) shoulders, making her hunch a little.

"H-hey, you seem energetic." (Y/n) was not a morning person and preferred to keep voices down to a minimum

"I'm always energetic, so, have you got any plans this weekend?" They walked and sat on a table bench on school grounds, Beth sat on the actual table of the bench with her feet resting next to (Y/n)'s bum.

"Uh, maybe, why?"

"The Netball team has a week-long tournament starting Monday, so they have stolen away my entire free time from me, just thought we could hang out." She gave a light kick to (Y/n)'s arm.

"Uh, sure, how about Sunday?"

Beth contemplated and slowly nodded, "Sure, I'll text you later about it, the sports building is at the other side of the school, so I'll see you later." Beth gave a fist bump, then jumped off the table to dash away. Lessons started soon, but (Y/n)'s first period was free, so she decided to just relax in the sun for a few more minutes before going off somewhere to study.

Dazing around the little picnic area, (Y/n) caught sight of a boy lying on one of the other benches, seemingly asleep, using his bag as a pillow. (Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows, recognising him, but decided to just leave him alone in peace.

Since it was an oddly warm day, (Y/n) got out her notepad to go over her class notes and do some passive reading, not actually taking anything in but pretending like she wasn't wasting her school hours.

Immersed in reading, a hand swatted her notebook out of her hands and onto the grass.

"What the-" (Y/n) looked up to see who it was, "Who the fuck are you?" (Y/n) shot up and glared at this boy, his appearance was generic to that of an average white boy who could easily be misplaced for another generic white boy.

"Listen here, you bitch." The boy then shoved (Y/n), causing (Y/n) to stumble back, but she collected herself so she didn't fall, "Don't think you can mess with Pablo, okay?"

(Y/n) scoffed and chuckled angrily. Was this what this boy was on about? "Oh, so your one of his followers, are you?" (Y/n) straightened out her back and flicked her hair, crossing her arms as she marched towards him, "Why do you give a shit, are you hoping that if you defend his honour he'll reward you with some kind of compensation?" Their argument was now gaining a few stares.

"He's my friend, I'm looking out for him, which means taking care of you."

"Ha!" (Y/n) chortled and leaned her back, facing the sky, "Is that so?" She raised a brow and grinned

"U-uh, yeah? So what?"

"Nothing, nothing... it's just, I've seen the way you look at him, that's all." (Y/n) decided to have a little bit of fun. One thing she has learned from the internet is that the most fragile thing in the world is man's ego, and if you dare question a straight man's heterosexuality, he will freak the fuck out.