Chapter 34: The Attic

A/n: 4 months without an update! My bad! I've been too busy actually having a life, (who would've guessed?) So btw I have given (Y/n) a birthday (it coincides for plot purposes, it is not my birthday lol that would be too cringe for my taste). Tbh I don't even view myself as a self-insert, (Y/n) is her own character, I don't know why I originally wrote this a self-insert fic (maybe cuz I thought it would get more views? lol) but I might post an alternative version of this fic where (Y/n) has her own name and shit but I'll see if I can be bothered doing that.

Anyway, please enjoy, I spent the last four months writing this trash, thank you. 

Also Smut(!?) warning, I guess, I wanted to experience writing spicier stuff as we get more "dark" into the story. Please let me know what you think.

----

wordcount: 7785 (longest chapter yet)

--------

Friday 20th

Yesterday flew by seamlessly for (Y/n), which she was grateful for, as every day was becoming less and less mundane, so she appreciated a few serene moments life gave her. Silas was absent from yesterday's lesson, fearing that she accidentally gave him food poisoning, she went to check on him after work, but funnily enough he was not in the house when she arrived.

Greg has been keeping his distance and all the boys were enjoying their own activities. After all, their lives didn't revolve around (Y/n).

It was lunchtime and (Y/n) stood outside Mr Harrison's door. She took in a deep breath, nervous, though she couldn't quite figure out why.

"(Y/n), hello, come in." He opened the door for her after seeing her lingering outside. His smile was friendly; paternal. His hand was on her back as he closed the door. They both took their seats and their little tutoring session began.

It was mostly ordinary... how to improve writing essay, memorising facts, the usual. As the session was ending, Mr Harrison asked a personal question, "(Y/n), when do you turn eighteen?"

"Huh?" (Y/n) stopped packing her stuff at the questions, eyebrows raised as the question left her in a stupor, "Pardon?"

"When is your birthday?" He rephrased the question, leaning on his desk.

"Oh," (Y/n) leaned back in her chair, "December 17th, can I ask why?" She asked, holding back a nervous laugh.

"Oh, it's nothing, you know the winter ball the seniors have every year?"

"Uh, sure?" She didn't quite understand where the conversation was going.

"Well, technically the seniors who are eighteen can drink at the event but those under can't, it's a shame your birthday is a week after the ball, I know if was in your position I would be annoyed."

"Uh... yeah." Her grim expression was clear on her face, wasn't this conversation a little inappropriate? "I should go now." (Y/n) flung her backpack around her shoulder and said her goodbyes.

She strutted down the hall with her arms crossed around her, blowing a raspberry, trying to dismiss the situation. He was just probably trying to be 'hip' with the kids but said it weirdly. Whatever the case, (Y/n) had a free lesson and wasn't in the mindset to work, so she strolled around the campus, letting her feet take her wherever they wished to go.

Before she knew it, she was in the music department, only coming here a couple of times because of Patrick. The talents of virtuosos always left her in awe. She wished she was adept in any instrument like they were. Unfortunately, learning an instrument was an expensive hobby, and the only instrument she owned was a recorder from primary school, but to (Y/n)'s defence, she was best in her class at playing hot cross buns.