Chapter 14 - A Glove

^^^ Last but not least, Silas.

wordcount: 5035

-------

Thursday 29th

What was not surprising when (Y/n) opened the door was that one of those boys would be right behind it. Let's spin the wheel and find out who it would be... "Mr Aquino." (Y/n) bowed her head in shame.

The king turned around to look down at her, he was silent. (Y/n) was unsure if she were to move or not, with enough seconds passing of silence, (Y/n) moved past him.

"(Y/n), correct?" His voice stopped her, she nodded. "I have a favour to ask, well, not really a favour but," he chuckled ever so slightly, "our gardener was recently fired, and you see, he was cleaning up the hedges a couple days ago." Was he? (Y/n) didn't see anything, "And he's left the all the waste in the garden, be a dear and clean it up would you? Put it all in the green bin." He gave a malicious grin and did not wait for (Y/n) to reply as he went upstairs.

"Yes, Mr Aquino." (Y/n) mocked under her breath. She waited for a moment, then went upstairs to clean the cinema room. It wouldn't be a too big of a deal; puffing out the cushions, turning the tv off if it were on.

(Y/n) opened the door and there was popcorn everywhere! "What the fuck?" She whispered and took a deep breath, clenching. The smell of caramel was bitterly sweet as it engulfed the room. (Y/n) slowly released the grip of her fists, exhaling heavily. Okay, time to get the broom.

"Popcorn on the floor. Popcorn on the sofas. Popcorn on wall?" (Y/n) grabbed a kernel that was stuck to the wall, it was gooey and brown, with a bit of thin black wool that looked like hair stuck to it, "Ew." (Y/n) flicked it into the bin and shivered in disgust. Just then the door opened. (Y/n) looked up to see that white haired kid. He looked at her. She looked at him. Neither said a word as if they were both deers in headlights. He closed the door and left.

"Okay..." (Y/n) said and went back to cleaning, having to pick up individual pieces off the carpet that the broom couldn't sweep. After what felt like an hour, (Y/n) was done, "Okay, just the laundry room and then the library, then I'm done." (Y/n) patted herself and marched onward. She opened the door to the library and saw a couple of books laying around, "Spanish 101? Huh." She wondered who in the house was learning Spanish. Not that it really mattered, (Y/n) couldn't speak the language, or any other language part from English. She did learn a bit of French in school, but none of that ever stook.

Finished with the library, (Y/n) moved on to the laundry room, and luckily this room was not vandalised. She mixed and matched the clothes in the hampers and put them on a wash. "I guess I can look at the garden while I wait for this to finish." So she went outside and looked around to find the hedge Pablo was talking about. Right in the back, where no one would care about the quality of hedges.

She grunted and went to pick up the green bin to wheel it near all the chopped up branches and leaves. She should really get gloves to pick all this up... maybe there was a shed nearby? They had to keep the lawnmower somewhere.

Deciding to look for the gloves and take a break at the same time, (Y/n) wondered round the estate. There was no immediate shed on the property, but there was that walkway that led to their own carpark and (Y/n) remembered there was a diversion that Greg said was a lake. Perhaps there is something more there? (Y/n) walked her way down the secluded path, ducking a couple of times due to a low tree branch and jumped a couple of times because of a protruding tree stump.

Lo and behind; a lake. It was fairly large, enough to fit a small boat in but nothing too extreme that the average person would be able to swim from one end to another without running out of stamina, it was more a pond than a lake if (Y/n) was to get technical about it. And to the right centre of the pond was a shed. (Y/n) grinned at her intellect and ran towards the shed. She put her hand on the knob and pulled, only that it wouldn't budge. It was locked with a padlock. "Huh?" (Y/n) frowned, she would have to ask Gia about that. She would much rather clean up with gardening gloves than cleaning gloves.