Chapter 2 - The Party

A/N: That's Lyla in the pic above. I've put too much money into the sims 4 to not use it so you're getting sims 4 versions of my characters instead of stolen anime profiles like in every other story.

Also, this story will be mildly set in England cuz I'm English so if you're American deal with it. I won't make it too obvious to be unsettling (probably a lie) but the school system works differently so you might be a bit confused if you're not from here. If you know the English system just skip the rest and enjoy the story lol.

For a simple understanding:  term = semester but not really. We have 3 terms. September - December. January - early April. late April - July. during every term about halfway through we have a week off called half term.

Mandatory school ends at 16 when you get your grades called GCSE's but you can carry on for an extra two years to get your A-levels. ( I won't be referring to them in the story just helpful info.)

Most secondary schools have A-level years but there some schools that exist that just do the final two years of education (16-18) which are called colleges which is not the same as uni so if I ever I use the word college I am not referring to university. Anyway so (Y/N) goes to a college and is in her second year, so she's a senior (not important info but in college, you only study 3/4 subjects and I've chosen history for one of them but I'll let you decide what (Y/N)'s other subjects are... as you are (Y/N) technically speaking lol)

word count: 5552

***

Saturday 17th

The weekend had passed and a new Monday arose as a new dreadful week would begin. This was life, the monotonous life one would live over and over again. The same schedule, the same routine over and over again. It may change over the years as one advance their education, but at the end of the day, it's just a routine that never really changes, and one must follow if one wants to live in this world.

If you don't have opportunities at least. Those who are special or talented or rich have the opportunity to break the mould, but only for themselves and no one else. There are many rags to riches story, but those stories are a one in a million, something people forget as people only ever hear the success stories told by those who once failed. Those who fail and don't succeed never get their story told and because of that, it distorts the public into thinking anyone could become a millionaire, or god forbid a billionaire.

(Y/N) never thought her life could prosper like that, she knew she'd never become wealthy solely through hard work. In a world where capitalism thrives, it loves to sing sonnets that if you work hard; you earn hard. But the reality is far from fantasy, on paper it's seductive, but in reality, it will backstab you in the heart, leaving you for another lover to manipulate and control.

If you want to win the game, you have to cheat, no one becomes wealthy and stays wealthy by playing nice. Now, (Y/N) was no saint, but she wasn't an idiot, there's a difference between being selfless and then just being naïve.

On the new school day, they officially announced the school's musical this year; Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812. Apparently, some guy read the book war and peace and decided it was a good idea to make a musical based on it. Well, it's not that strange when musicals like cats exist, that's the beauty of musicals.... their oddity.

Now Lyla, the girl with talent and beauty, wanted to audition for the leading lady, Natasha. It makes sense when you combine her soft voice and delicate dances, all tied together with her cute eyes. However, she isn't the only one with such talent, and with a school populated with nearly 5,000 students, it's safe to say that she wasn't the only one auditioned.