Chapter 3 - Confrontation

Beth ^

word count: 3641

-

-

Monday 19th

Monday morning came by and the only thing Lyla could do was complain about how during rehearsals she would have to sing and dance with that pig she called Leo.

"Hey, it'll give you a chance to enhance your acting skills, pretending to be all lovey-dovey with a guy you hate." Beth chirped, wearing her backpack on her stomach as she ate crisps out of it.

"Yeah, but I have to kiss him, ew." They walked down the hall.

"So what? It's not like it's your first kiss or anything."

"Uh, you know what I mean Beth." She dug her hand into the bag to pull out some (gluten-free) crisps.

"Well, it'll all be over by December." (Y/N) countered, "Plus, you should try and think of other things, like the Christmas talent show."

"I'm Jewish."

"Yeah, but this country's Catholic."

"I thought it was Protestant?" Beth questioned.

"Oh, what's the difference?" (Y/N) grabbed a crisp.

"Plus, I thought it was just your mum who was Jewish, didn't you say you didn't believe in that stuff?"

"If my mum's a jew, I'm a jew, I'm just secular, that's all."

"Eh?" Beth sneered.

"Oh, forget it, I got class, later." Lyla grabbed one last crisp and ran.

(Y/N) heard a buzz from her phone, "Hey, Alex's waiting for us in the Hexagon."

"Ahh, that's great, but umm, I got Netball practice in like 10 and it's a far walk." Beth patted (Y/N)'s back and ran in a different direction.

(Y/N) just sighed and walked to the canteen. She saw Alex sitting at a small table alone and promptly placed her bag in a chair, "I'll be right back, just gotta grab food." She winked and hopped towards the queue and grabbed her favourite sandwich and was just about to pay for it until a boy kicked the display fridge in frustrations.

"Damn it, why are they always out of (favourite) sandwiches!" He exclaimed to his friends. He turned around and made eye contact with (Y/N) then looked at the sandwich in her hand. He strutted towards her, "Is that a (favourite) sandwich?"

"Uhh, yeah?" She glanced around, not wanting to make eye contact.

"Give it to me." He laid his hand out, expecting her to place it in his hand.

"Uhh, no?" She took a step away from him and towards the cash register.

"No?" He turned around, "That wasn't a question."

"What, it was a demand? What makes you think you're so special, huh?" (Y/N) did not care to try this boy. Given his demeanour, this was the Pablo Patrick was on about earlier, and she would certainly not allow him to intimidate her, any sign of weakness and it would be greatly exploited. (Y/N) can't let that happen again.

Pablo's pearly white teeth made an angry smile, "Trying to be cute, I see, it won't work, so be a good girl and just give it to me, huh?"

"Aww, are we on a pet name basis now, you're so cute, here, you can have it." She held out the sandwich but before he could reach it she threw it on the ground and stepped on it, "I hope you don't mind my shoe being in it, who's knows, maybe you're into that kind of stuff."