Chapter 6 - Study Session

^ rough sketch of the first/ground floor to the Aquino mansion (sorry for my handwriting it's trash)

word count; 3414

----------------------------

Thursday 22nd

The bus jumped its way to school along the bumpy road, (Y/n) held onto the handlebar on the bus seat in front of her to stop her from moving so much, as only losers wear their seatbelts on school busses. It was once again raining as the bus stopped at another place to pick up the school children.

This was the last stop, and the bus was completely full, meaning that someone had to sit next to her.

"Hey, can I sit here?" They had the decency to ask.

"Sure." (Y/n) shrugged and paid no attention.

The bus continued to bump down the road and (Y/n) saw two droplets and made bets which one would win.

"Hey, sure is bumpy." The guy sitting next to her commented, looking at her.

(Y/n) jumped out of her trance and faced him, "Uh, yeah..." She didn't know what else to say, she wasn't good with small talk with strangers. She assumed that he must've been separated by his friends who sat in the back, so he decided to talk to her in order to not be bored.

"Hey, uhh." He bashfully scratched his head, "I saw what you did yesterday, it was kinda cool."

(Y/n) turned around to see him again and saw him smiling brightly whilst his eyes squeezed shut, "Well, I only did what the rest of us wanted to do." (Y/n) scoffed and shuffled in her seat, repositioning herself, assuming that this conversation would go on longer.

"Yeah, but I hope you aren't in trouble or anything."

(Y/n) laughed painfully and gave a bitter smile, "I've already received my punishment... I'm (Y/n)."

"Jonathan, oh, and I know who you are." He gave a friendly smile.

(Y/n)'s heart flew out of her chest and she gave a frightened chuckle, "Yeah?"

Jonathan could see the concerned look on her face and cleared things up, "I have chess club with Pablo, and, let me just say... you really got under his skin, he was so grumpy that I almost actually beat him in a match!" His amusement was evident on his face.

"Really?" (Y/n) thought after what happened at the Pizza shack that Pablo would simply forget about her after executing his revenge.

"He just had a scowl on his face for the entire time, and when asked about it, he just mumbled about the situation that happened during lunch."

(Y/n) gave a little smirk in her achievement, which did not go unnoticed.

"Say, you got insta?" He pulled out his phone.

"Uhh, yeah." (Y/n) nearly blushed as he was asking for her username. This Jonathan guy wasn't bad looking either, he had curly brown hair with green eyes, and had a strong build. Not to stereotype, but (Y/n) wouldn't take him for a chess guy.

She opened her phone and saw a brand new follower request, great, now her follower count went from 49 to 50! (Y/n) wasn't the type to post on social media too often, and only accepted the requests from people she actually knew... truth be told, she had a few more followers prior to moving schools, she just held a massive block party for all the people she followed because of social obligation once she knew she would never meet them ever again.

(Y/n) clicked on Jonathan's profile and saw that it was public with a couple hundred of posts and a couple thousand followers. She hit the follow button and looked at his latest pic; it was him playing basketball, he was jumping midair, and the ball was about to go through the hoop, "You play basketball?" She held the phone out for him to see.